Are you a Provisionally Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist or Provisionally Licensed Counselor looking to make an Impact in the lives of our Service Members?
The Leidos Military and Family Life Counseling (MFLC) Program is hiring provisionally licensed professionals to provide individual and highly confidential counseling services and support to active duty military service members and their families across the country and around the globe.
Meaningful work with minimal administration
Our MFLC partnership with the Department of Defense (DoD) ensures that Service men and women have access to transformative counseling services that support:
- Non-medical counseling
- Complex and unique matters of military family life such as hazard duty, life on base, life overseas, and being away from home on deployment
- Childhood education programs and children's counseling
Non-medical counseling is supportive in nature and addresses: living conditions; life skills; improving relationships at home and at work; stress management; adjustment issues, such as those related to returning from deployment; marital problems; parenting, fear, grief and loss.
Counseling modalities consist of individual, family, couples and groups. MFLC may be based out of an installation’s family center, a National Guard and Reserve Joint Force HQ or other facilities and will provide proactive outreach to service members and their families via walk-around counseling.
- Face-to-face highly confidential counseling to military service members and their families.
- Recommending appropriate referrals and handoffs to military and community resources according to the needs of military service members and their families.
- Develops and/or uses approved training and education programs and materials.
- Communicates information regarding trends and issues at assigned installation to supervisors.
- Participates in regular in-service training, quality improvement committees, or other contract activities as assigned.
- Opportunity to participate in surge and on demand events at the military installations.
- A Master’s degree in the Behavioral Health Professions (MS/MSW/MA)
- Provisional Licensure to practice in the state of Kansas
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be able to obtain NACI/CNACI clearance
- Prior military service/military family member and/or strong familiarity with the military culture
- Bilingual capabilities
While helping America's finest and their families, MFLC counselors also benefit from:
- IPad provided for easy digital reporting, with no PII or PHI
- No insurance to file
- No progress notes
- No treatment plans
- No office to maintain
- Free work related professional development courses (CEU and non-CEU)
- Reimbursement for job related license renewal fees
- Flexible 40-hour work weeks
- Paid federal holidays
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.