Leidos is seeking a Telecommunication Engineering Specialist to design and configure voice, video, and data communications systems. The Telecommunications Engineer will supervise installation and post-installation services and maintenance to support complex large systems for the DIGIT program.
This position is a 100% telework opportunity and we are seeking candidates from across the contiguous United States.
- Design or configure voice, video, and data communications systems. Supervise installation and post-installation service and maintenance.
- Provide operational support for all network components and conducts problem determinations, escalations and provides problem resolution.
- Troubleshoot, repair and test computer workstations, servers, printers, peripherals, network switches, routers, telecommunication and teleconferencing equipment.
- Install and configure computer workstations, servers, printers, peripherals, network switches, routers, telecommunication and teleconferencing equipment and associated cabling.
- Maintain government and/or vendor-manufactured telecommunications equipment.
- Communicate key project data to team members and build team cohesion and effectiveness.
- Apply and identify best practices and standard operating procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, or related field with 2 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Understanding of basic telecommunications and information technology terms and technology.
- Experience with Agile development practices.
- Experience in the software development lifecycle, with experience delivering within DevOps toolsets/practices.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Google Cloud Professional Collaboration Engineer certification
- Any one of the below certifications:
- Cisco network
- Microsoft network
- Experience in Agile development.
- Experience in DevOps environment.
Due to contract requirements, U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident status is required.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.