Leidos is seeking a Release Train Engineer for a technical development program supporting the Sponsor’s Entitlement Programs as well as IdAM /ICAM, Authentication, Authorization, Attributes and Digital Policy Management. This role requires an experienced Agile Release Train Engineer to servant leader and coach for the Agile Release Train (ART). The major responsibilities are to facilitate the ART events and processes and assist the team in delivering value. The RTE also serves as a project engineer/project manager over the ART and focus on ensuring the ART’s Feature commitments are met
- Coaching teams, Scrum Masters, Product Owners and Project/Program leaders in agile practices
- Facilitating team agile events: Sprint Planning, Retro, Planning, etc
- Tracking and resolving impediments / blockers that are brought up by the scrum masters.
- Managing and mitigating risk and d opportunities associated with effective develop and execution, to include deconflicting and prioritizing tasks.
- Assisting in coordination with external segments as needed
- Facilitating System Demos
- Driving improvement in Release Train
- Assisting with tracking execution of features
- Working with Product Management to ensure development strategy and product execution align
- Encouraging collaboration between teams
- Facilitating progress toward team goals
- Promoting and facilitating continuous team improvement (technical, interpersonal)
- Ensuring scrum practices are followed (Time Logging, Comments, WIP limits)
- Regular and consistent communication and coordination with and between stakeholders and teams.
- Collaborating with Product Stakeholders to meet mission goals.
- Commitment to continuous improvement of product, process and the team
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Requires Masters with 15 – 20 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13 – 16 years of prior relevant experience. Experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Significant experience providing technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
- Significant experience establishing goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Must have significant experience working within SAFe and Agile frameworks specifically as a Release Train Engineer, Scrum Master or Product Owner
- Experience leading teams through the delivery of capabilities (software development or infrastructure modernization) using agile methodologies
- Experience interfacing with senior management and negotiating with clients on requirements and deliverables.
- SAFe Agilest Certification
- Scrum Alliance Scrum Master Certification
- Project Management Skills
- Jira collaboration tools experience
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.