Healthcare is one of the fastest growing sectors of the US economy, but the industry faces many challenges in delivering value to providers and payers and in improving patient care outcomes in a highly dynamic marketplace. The Health Growth Solutions (HGS) organization identifies, plans, and matures innovative concepts, including emerging technologies, to drive differentiation in our solutions and meaningful growth in the dynamic, rapidly evolving healthcare industry.
Product Owner Lead – Health Growth Solutions
HGS is at the forefront of defining and building solutions using a go-fast agile approach driven by small teams that rely on and value the contributions of each team member. The HGS organization is looking for a Product Owner, Lead to guide and manage Product Owners on achieving the strategic product vision. The Product Owner, Lead will work closely with Engineering Team Leads, Architects, Product Managers, Program Management Office to facility smooth consistent delivery of product.
- Use your leadership skills to create and lead a high-performing, collaborative team of Product Owners
- Manage the development of Product Owner skills and capabilities
- Develop the plans for requirements identification and assessments
- Aid in creating practice standards across product development
- Provide product demonstrations and/or product training as needed
- Facilitate review and approval of requirements captured with stakeholders
- Maintain key metrics on velocity and capacity of teams
- Own and manage the multiple product backlogs including grooming, prioritization, objectively balancing directions from multiple stakeholders.
- Use visualization tools (e.g., Visio, PowerPoint, etc.) to create workflow diagrams consistent with process best practices
- Support testing and validation activity against the defined requirements
- Support the Product Managers with evaluation and prioritization of requirements, prioritize based on business value and risks, collaborate on product related questions and feedback.
- Develop epics and user stories expressing the desired feature so they are ready for the development team. Ensure that the team always has an adequate number of prepared tasks to work on through a prioritized feature backlog
- Represent the end users to explain/clarify expectations and requirements in the user stories and to the engineering team, elaborate on and provide feedback on the stories as they are being developed.
- Collaborate with the Project Manager to coordinate project schedules, identification of risks or delays, budgets, and staffing.
- Collaborate with the Project Manager to track and status progress toward the release plan, including utilizing tools available within the project collaboration tool (such as backlog burndown charts or Jira filters)
- Participate in Scrum events (Daily scrums, Sprint Planning, Backlog grooming, Estimation sessions, Sprint Reviews, and Sprint Retrospectives)
- Establish User Acceptance Criteria
- Review sprint release to ensure implemented epics and user stories meet the acceptance criteria
- Lead the planning product release plans and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Collaborate with UI/UX team, product scrum team, and product leaders to establish timeline workflows and goals
- Function as liaison between Product Manager, UX Designers, and Engineering team to address issues, facilitate collaboration, drive discussion, and prioritize action items
- BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience
- Experience as manager or team leader in an agile environment
- Comfort with ambiguity, creativity, and problem-solving skills
- The position requires excellent communication and writing skills
- Experience using Agile collaboration tools, such as Atlassian (e.g., Confluence and Jira), for managing backlog
- 5-10+ years’ experience as a Product Owner, Requirements Engineer, SW/Solution designer, systems engineer, or similar role
- 4+ years’ experience leading across multiple products and managing people
- Ability to bridge the gap between a business problem and potential solutions
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills
Additional skills and attributes
- Self-motivated and focused on enabling the team to deliver results
- Resilient with the ability to find innovative ways around roadblocks
- Can work in an iterative way starting with ambiguity
- Healthcare Industry experience a plus
Pay Range:Pay Range $91,000.00 - $140,000.00 - $189,000.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.