The Leidos Corporate Legal Department is seeking a Senior Counsel to join our team at our Reston, VA headquarters. We are looking for an Attorney experienced in managing and handling international regulatory compliance matters to include international anti-corruption compliance and international trade compliance. The position will report to the Vice President & Senior Assistant General Counsel for International Regulatory Compliance and work closely with various members of the legal, contracts, ethics and compliance, procurement, internal audit, and accounting/finance departments, as well as various line organization functions and personnel focused on international business.
This position has partial telecommute flexibility but you must live in DC Metro area due to the requirement for regular visits to Reston - VA headquarters.
- Handle, oversee and manage due diligence reviews and assessments of international business opportunities and activities, and the retention and supervision of third parties to support international business, to ensure compliance with international anti-corruption laws and regulations
- Manage, conduct and/or assist with various internal and external legal investigations and related ethics and compliance matters.
- Assist in company audits as may be required.
- Conduct International Anti-Bribery/Anti-Corruption training.
- Assist in maintaining the currency of corporate policies and procedures.
- Conduct self-assessments.
- Advise on all aspects of government and commercial contracts law formation and performance.
- Interact with other attorneys and internal clients on various legal counseling activities.
- A Juris Doctor from an accredited law school and a member in good standing of a US state bar.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience (in-house, law firm, etc.)
- In-depth understanding of International Anti-Bribery/Anti-Corruption compliance and enforcement matters for multinational companies, particularly those operating in aerospace, defense, services, life sciences, and technology.
- In-depth understanding of FCPA books and records and internal controls requirements.
- Experience with third party due diligence requirements and prevailing due diligence standards; third party and transactional red flag identification and mitigation; compliance program design, drafting modifications to policies and procedures, and periodic reviews/assessments; gift and hospitality reviews; development and implementation of training.
- Experience with conducting internal investigations into allegations of misconduct.
- Familiarity with UK Bribery Act.
- Experience working directly with clients, including in-house counsel and business personnel.
- Prior experience at a government contractor or in a government contracts private practice group is a plus.
- Familiarity with sanctions and export control preferred.
Key Attributes for Success in this Role:
- Demonstrated skills in client relationships and ability to communicate effectively with senior management.
- Ability to demonstrate superior legal and analytical expertise and business-oriented approach to problem solving.
- Excellent judgment and initiative in finding the most effective solutions.
- Ability to manage, handle and balance a high volume of issues, and prioritize assignments in order to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a commitment to professionalism, integrity and collegiality.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad range of legal matters.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues throughout the company.
- Self-motivated and ability to complete matters without extensive supervision.
- Highly responsive and organized.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.