Join a team committed to a Mission...
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to work within the LCST Programme to oversee multiple projects within the Change environment. This position is a full time, permanent role and applicants must have (or be able to acquire) SC clearance.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
What Does Leidos Need From Me?:
Leidos is looking for a proactive Project Manager, experienced with working closely with Customers and multi-functional teams in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in the early stages of the project lifecycle, in particular helping internal and external stakeholder to refine and agree clear project requirements and deliverables.
- Responsibility for administrating Project activities and monitoring corrective actions to ensure that milestones achieve their acceptance criteria on time and within budget
- To assist in the production, maintenance and application of robust Management Plans (including PMP and IMS) in accordance with industry best practice
- Responsibility for the production of client and internal Programme reports, and the timely submission of change proposals and costings against robust requirement documentation
- Maintaining and monitoring risk management process recommendations, and ensuring the impact of risks is eliminated or significantly mitigated. Expediting matters as necessary to secure efficient completion of the overall Programme
- To assist contract management and development activities. (In consultation with Procurement, Finance and Legal)
What Sets You Apart:
- Proven track record in successfully delivering Projects or supporting large Programmes
- Able to demonstrate experience (minimum 3 years) in Project Management.
- Good interpersonal skills and judgement for dealing with both internal and external stakeholders to develop strong working relations to support achieving objectives
- Ability to engage and work within a multi-functional programme team comprising both customer, supplier and internal staff with an awareness of logistics principles
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of business, finance and personnel management techniques and the commercial aspects of projects.
- The ability to communicate effectively
- Enthusiastic self-starter with good verbal communication
- Excellent written communication through the use of e-mail, presentations and reports
You Might Also Have:
- Experience leading project teams to deliver to the ideals of project management, on Time, to Budget, at the required Quality
- Experience of MS Project (eg. Gantt, Timeline, IMS, Reporting)
- Experience of Agile development (e.g. SCRUM)
- Development of SharePoint sites to automate business flows
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management principles
- UK Defence and/or Public Sector procurement knowledge would be highly advantageous
Location: The role is home based with occasional travel to the main office in Bristol and sites in Bicester and Donnington.
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role SC
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.