The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has a continuing requirement for Secure Enterprise Network Systems, Services, & Support (SENS3) for the continued operations and maintenance and evolution of the Homeland Secure Data Network (HSDN) and the Classified Local Area Network (C-LAN).
Leidos is seeking a broadly experienced Candidate to provide Tier 1 and 2 support for multiple domains with users locally and remotely. Excellent communications and ability to support VIP and VVIP customers. Working with Active Directory and Exchange to create/modify/terminate accounts. Troubleshooting workstation, printers, and other peripheral. Candidate will image, install, and configure workstation. Troubleshoot Windows 10 and above, Microsoft Office suite. Learning new technology and provide support to the user community. Issue/maintain Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) tokens. Work with automated Help Desk tools such as Microsoft System Center, Remedy, and soon ServiceNow. Troubleshoot Citrix desktop visualization environment and thin client.
The candidate will be expected to:
- Communicate and interface with customer and Leidos Site Lead on issues and daily tasking.
- Candidate will provide Tier 1 and 2 support for multiple domains with users locally and remotely.
- Working with Active Directory and Exchange to create/modify/terminate accounts.
- Troubleshooting workstation, printers, and other peripheral.
- Candidate will image, install, and configure workstation.
- Troubleshoot Windows 7 and above, Microsoft Office suite.
- Learning new technology and provide support to the user community. Issue/maintain Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) tokens.
- Work with automated Help Desk tools such as Microsoft System Center, Remedy, and ServiceNow.
- Troubleshoot Citrix desktop visualization environment and thin client.
- BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must possess the ability to work in a professional environment, and have good problem solving and organizational skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are also required.
- Experience and working knowledge is as many of the following technologies is desired. While not required, candidates that have some or all of these skills will be considered significantly more positive than candidates with none of this experience.
- DHS Experience
- Windows Experience
- Citrix Experience
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Comfortable discussing technical information with users and other support personnel.
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and IT concepts.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as an integral member of a team.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.