Leidos is seeking an Accounting Supervisor to manage our Program Accounting Services team operating within Operational Accounting. A successful candidate will be a people leader with a willingness to improve processes, train and mentor others and manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Oversee the accounting responsibilities for journal entry requests submitted through JournE, fixed asset ECABR requests from Group and Corp Finance, and reconciling and adjusting costs posted to suspense.
- Manage a team of 7 accounting professionals in a high-volume, deadline driven environment. The candidate should have good people management skills with a focus on mentoring and developing team members. Managerial responsibilities will also include hiring, training, strategic planning, and annual performance evaluations.
- Interface with Finance teams to ensure the adherence to the Journal Entry policy (PR-FN-3.35), and the Clearing and Monitoring Suspense Policy (PR-FN-3.12), GAAP, other Leidos accounting policies and governmental regulations.
- Ability to collaborate and problem solve with internal and external customers and provide technical guidance when requested.
- Ability to present topics and issues to senior level management. Candidates will be asked to prepare presentations that illustrate data in a coherent, factual, and accurate way.
- Assist with streamlining processes and implementing automation efforts. The candidate will be asked to assist in identifying areas where automation could reduce level of effort or preparation time for high-volume areas managed by the team.
- Ensure compliance with SOX controls and complete the quarterly certification for all assigned controls. Compliance includes ensuring that adequate documentation is maintained.
- Prepare and submit any documentation needed for audit requests on a quarterly basis.
- Distribute high visibility metrics to internal customers, such as senior management and executive leadership as needed
- Support other periodic operational accounting objectives, including balance sheet reconciliation preparation, and the periodic accrual journal entry process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business or accounting related field of study and a minimum of 4 years of financial related experience or Master’s degree in a business or accounting related field and 2 years of financial related experience.
- Effective leadership and communication (verbal, written, presentation) skills
- Knowledge of the defense contracting industry
- Accounting experience related to the high volume financial close processes
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Excel, intermediate capabilities with running queries and understanding general ledger systems.
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint, Cognos, and HFM Reporting is preferred.
Please note that this position is mostly telecommute. Employees work from the following locations a few days each month: Tucson – AZ, Oakridge - TN, Reston – VA, and Huntsville – AL
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.