Leidos is seeking a mid-level analyst in support of the Enterprise Security Operation Center for the Department of Commerce. This individual will lead the Cyber Analytics team consisting of seven Tier 1 and Tier 2 analysts in support of 24/7 monitoring and triaging. This team will work closely with the Incident Response team, the engineering team, as well as the constituents across the Department. Specific responsibilities include:
The candidate will work to:
- Lead a team of up to 7 junior analysts performing defensive cybersecurity operations 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Ensure the effective performance against established operational rhythm, expectations and standards for Security Operations Center (SOC) analysts
- Provide hands-on technical support to subordinates during high-visibility cyber security incidents
- Identify areas of improvement for SOC processes and tools to enhance the mission
- Place an emphasis on the development of staff and cultivate career growth opportunities to ensure the long term success of the mission
- Correlate events throughout DOC Bureaus to provide an early warning capability and provide trending data that enable decision-makers to prioritize cyber mitigation efforts and investment strategies
- Integrate, correlate, and enrich disparate information sources to provide actionable intelligence and advice to network and system operators as well as to bureau and departmental management.
- Perform analysis on anomalous behavior based on log data from firewalls, packet capture, web proxy services, network flow analysis, intrusion detection, and malware analysis tools
- Facilitate prioritization and requirements gathering for content development or new technology implementation.
To be successful in this role, you must have the following:
- Requires BS degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience in order to operate within the scope contemplated by the level; experience in lieu of degree may be acceptable.
- Prior experience performing as a SOC Detect and Response Analyst
- Prior experience in small team/group leadership
- Team player
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Upbeat and positive attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
To further your success in this role, it helps to have:
- Prior experience leading a team within a SOC environment
- Working knowledge of Splunk Enterprise Security
- Technical understanding of core cybersecurity technologies as well as emerging capabilities.
- Hands-on cybersecurity experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of cybersecurity threats, attacks, attack vector, and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- Familiarity or experience in Intelligence Driven Defense, Cyber Kill Chain methodology, and/or MITRE ATT&CK framework.
- Familiarity with Cloud concepts and experience performing monitoring and responding to threats in Cloud environments.
- Familiarity with the Department of Commerce mission.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must have an active Top Secret clearance
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.