Leidos is seeking full time Customer Service Specialists with mortgage origination experience to join our Contact Center in Indianapolis, Indiana. As a Customer Service Specialist, you will make a difference in the lives of others, while expanding your knowledge of Federal Housing Administration (FHA) mortgage policies and procedures.
Our customer service specialists support the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Office of Single Family Housing in their mission to create strong, sustainable, inclusive communities and quality affordable homes for all.
As a Customer Service Specialist you will:
- Provide excellent customer service, responding to a variety of calls and emails from the lending industry and the public on FHA guidelines and procedures
- Use your knowledge of the mortgage industry to locate answers in a knowledge database to respond to client’s requests
- Follow standard operating procedures for various topics, systems, and contact channels
- Document all of your contacts in a database
- Keep up to date on FHA mortgage processes and procedures
To be a successful Customer Service Specialist, you must possess:
- The ability to navigate multiple computer systems and applications, and utilize search tools
- Excellent time management skills and dependability
- Self-motivation and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work an 8-hour shift, Monday through Friday between 8am to 8pm Eastern Time, based on business needs
Required Experience and Education:
- At least 2 years of FHA loan origination experience (i.e. loan processor, junior underwriter, loan officer) plus an additional year of customer service or contact center experience, or at least 3 years of loan origination experience working with conventional loans and/or other government-backed loans (i.e. FHA, USDA, VA)
- High School diploma or GED
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Security clearance, which includes a credit check and background investigation.
- Contact Center (omnichannel) experience
- Bilingual (Spanish/English), verbal and written
- FHA experience
Come join our rapidly growing team and enjoy these benefits:
- Access to benefits on day one including medical and dental insurance, 401K, Life, AD&D, Voluntary Disability plans
- Paid Time Off (PTO) accrued based on Leidos policy, up to 3 weeks a year
- Ten paid holidays per year
- Ongoing training to support your success
- Tuition reimbursement based on Leidos policy
- Discounted Leidos stock purchase and other Employee Discounts
- Voluntary overtime may be available based on business needs
- Ability to work remotely during the COVID pandemic and beyond based on job performance
This position is covered under the Service Contract Act and is subject to minimum wage requirements as well as the minimum Health and Welfare benefit. Leidos will ensure that all provisions are met through their wages and benefits.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.