The Enterprise and Cyber Solutions (E&CS) Operation within Leidos’ Defense Group has an opening for a Cloud Computing Systems Integration and Test Engineer for the Global Solutions Management – Operations II (GSM-O II) contract. This contract includes the Operations, Sustainment, Maintenance, Repair, and Defense of the Defense Information System Network (DISN) within the DOD Information Network (DODIN) in support of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). It also includes support to other key tasks for DISA, including the transformation of DISA’s operational mission through innovation, and support to DISA’s mission partners.
The Test Engineer is responsible for working within a fast paced, Agile team to support testing new innovation deployments. This position will be expected to test tool functionality and integration within existing frameworks in the AWS Cloud. This position requires strong deductive reasoning, attention to detail, persistence, patience, and creativity. The individual will work with the New Innovations internal development and implementation teams, operational end users, and support teams to analyze, build and maintain test plans, test cases, integration testing, and requirements verification testing for cloud innovation implementations.
While this role is primarily remote, one must live within driving distance of Ft. Meade, MD to be considered.
- Maintain a mapping of requirements and use cases to developed test cases.
- Development of requirements and use case based test cases to ensure functionality innovations.
- Create test plan, test engineering documents and manage test efforts to support the GSM-O Innovation deployments.
- Support the design and implementation of test cases and testing framework for the instantiation of infrastructure as code innovations in an AWS environment to verify the quality of deployed code.
- Write actionable test cases to verify testable product requirements derived from user stories based on input from development and operations teams.
- Support the automation of test tooling and pipelines that enable secured and tested systems to be deployed across a variety of environments in the AWS Cloud.
- Implementation and execution of interface integration test cases to ensure integration of the tools to external sources.
- Author and execute User Acceptance strategies, plans and scripts for the innovations deployment
- Ensuring that the test strategy is maintained and updated as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle.
- Employing exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Performing Regression, Integration, and Verification and Validation Testing of innovations being developed
- Conduct troubleshooting/test execution in support of remediation efforts as required
- Assist with identifying and supporting external dependencies where needed.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 4-8 years of professional experience; or 2-6 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
- Experience in testing cloud tools and capabilities within a DoD environment.
- 2+ years of systems engineering experience
- 1+ years of hands-on experience in testing AWS infrastructure environments, test automation, and requirements verification, managing multiple environments
- Experience with cloud-based AWS services- Experience with SecDevOps and CI/CD pipeline
- Experience with cloud-based - specifically AWS - enterprise implementations
- Experience working with Linux operating system and operating system commands
- Knowledge of web services: API, REST
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols
- Experience with JIRA, Git repo and Confluence
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to collaborate with customer representatives, domain experts, systems engineers and architects
- Ability to work well/collaborate with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- DoD Secret clearance or ability to obtain interim Secret clearance prior to start date
- Security+ certification or equivalent DoD 8570 IAT II certification within 60 days of start date
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Understanding of ITIL foundation or ITIL certified
- Experience with Ansible or Python scripting
- Experience with Automated Test frameworks
- Experience with DevOps/DevSecOps, Configuration as Code, Infrastructure as Code, and CI/CD implementation
- Experience with Xray Test Management
- Experience developing test cases for system requirements across multiple subsystems/tools
- Experience testing open-source and COTS technology
- Experience and domain knowledge related to data processing
- AWS cloud certifications
- Experience with other database systems (Relational / Graph / NoSQL) and data models
- 2-4 (or more) years of experience with systems and/or test engineering
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.