- Lead a team of helpdesk staff for users of a mission-critical enterprise service
- Faciliate daily shift transitions to communicate system posture to incoming staff
- Summarize system posture for Operations team
- Ability to quickly respond to system anomalies and independently make configuration updates to ensure 99.999% system availability requirements.
- Analyze Linux log data to effectively administer and maintain Oracle Identity and Access Management stack.
- Monitor system performance and take corrective actions as required
- Design, develop and implement new application monitoring software, as well as customizing existing monitoring tools to fit program needs.
Train staff on standard operating procedures and best practices.
- Train staff on standardized responses for common user application access issues.Train staff on how to resolve name change issues by updating system directory/LDAP with appropriate attribute changes from customer database.
- Train staff on how to document incidents, workaround, root cause analysis, and corrective actions
- Perform system checkouts and testing of system upgrades and patches in the operational environments
- Coordinate with enterprise partners on system outages and make decisions on system failover to different availability zones or data centers.
- Independently represent the program in supporting consumer or mission partner maintenance activities
- Coordinate communications with End Users, Tier 1, Tier 3, Management, mission partners, and Government Leadership
- Review and report meaningful metrics
- Produce written guides and operational procedures on how to utilize specific software tools to include custom Linux scripts and tailored COTS products.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- BS and (4-8) years of prior relevant experience or additional years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Comfortable discussing technical information with users and other support personnel
- Ability to quickly learn new software and IT concepts
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to work autonomously as well as an integral member of a team
- M-F schedule with as-needed support for team members working nights and weekends
- Linux/UNIX experience
Requires an active Top Secret security clearance upon hire and must meet SCI eligibility. Must be willing and able to obtain a polygraph within the customer’s timeline after hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.