At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable practices. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Leidos has also been named to lists including Forbes’ Best Employers for Diversity, Forbes’ America’s Best Employers for Women, Military Times Best for Vets Employers, and Ethisphere Institute’s World's Most Ethical Companies®. Employees enjoy career enrichment opportunities available through mobility and development and experience rewarding relationships with supportive supervisors and talented colleagues and customers. Employees appreciate our flexible work environment, allowing for and encouraging a true work-life balance. Our professionals are also excited about our Employee Resource Groups, like the newly launched Collaborative Outreach with Remote and Embedded Employees (CORE), which strives to create an environment where every employee, regardless of location, feels fully engaged as a valued employee of Leidos. Your most important work is ahead, visit careers.leidos.com for our latest opportunities
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos is looking to fill a Supplier Relationship Manager in the Procurement and Enterprise Partnerships team. Our mission is to deliver exceptional service, value, and expertise through efficient high performing innovative supply base. In this role you will join a dynamic team who is responsible for building close relationships with key suppliers that will drive the overall business strategies.
The successful candidate will be an advocate for your assigned suppliers throughout the entire enterprise. You will be expected to work collaboratively with our technology, business development and proposal subcontract teams to develop the partnership to drive differentiation that will support significant growth opportunities. This includes being the subject matter expert for that supplier, understanding supplier technology and capabilities and new upcoming innovative offerings. You will be asked to lead the development of corporate briefing material for the executive team, along with communications to the overall enterprise.
Locations Reston or the greater DC area.
- Key supplier advocate and interface into our procurement, business development, and technology organizations
- Intimate knowledge of supplier’s capabilities, technology, programs, and trainings
- Support strategic initiatives involving your group of suppliers
- Develop intimate knowledge of your assigned commodity
- Negotiate supplier agreements as necessary to support partnership
- Brief executive leadership team as necessary
- Participate, plan, execute events including tech talks that showcase the supplier to the business
- Support Program pipeline opportunities
- Knowledge of category trends and eco systems
- Support emerging technology suppliers with key businesses
- Relevant bachelor's degree from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combined education, with professional experience and specialized training commensurate with assignment.
- 8 -12+years experience in areas of supplier management, procurement, or project planning, with a demonstrated history of developing solutions that meet program requirements and contract negotiations; OR Master's degree and 10+ years of same relevant experience.
- Strong understanding in acquisition of cloud, software, hardware, cyber security based solutions preferred
- Demonstrated experience interfacing across multiple organizations, program levels, and problem resolution.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints., multiple suppliers, and programs
PMP, Supply Chain Engineering, Logistics, HW/SW Maintenance Planning, Earned Value Management, and Proposal Volume Authorship Experience.
Key Skills for Success in this Role:
- Strategic, Creative problem solving mindset
- Multitasking, can handle multiple program interfaces simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated experience interfacing across multiple organizations and program levels.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.