We have been awarded the Navy Service Management, Integration and Transport (SMIT) program, formerly referred to as NGEN, and we are seeking a talented NetOps Lead, Mid to join the Leidos team.
This is an eight-year, $7.7 billion contract that is responsible for maintaining and modernizing the main global network of the Navy and Marine Corps. If you join our team, you will be part of the largest IT services program in Naval history.
As a member of the Leidos team, you will assist in the delivery of the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
What will you do as a NetOps Lead?
The qualified candidate will oversee operation of network systems, architecture, and topology through deployment and oversight of network operations specialists. The NetOps Lead will also ensure that all operating systems are adequate, functional, and conform to operation security policies and procedures. Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist with the development and application of business processes to ensure appropriate service levels.
- Develop and implement standards, procedures, and processes for the NOC.
- Participate in strategic network planning, steady state operations planning, and development of contingency operation plans.
- Plan and support injection of new technologies and implementation of technology refresh.
- Confer with and advise administrators, user representatives, and technical personnel regarding development and design of integrated network solutions.
- Prepare recommendations based on monitoring results, tools analyses, and forensics.
- Participate in the development and implementation of policies and procedures regarding network equipment, maintenance, and monitoring.
- Prepare status reports.
- Schedule routine system maintenance, oversee application of proactive cyber security measures, and manage reaction to network defense requirements.
- Develop and maintain system architecture and operational documentation.
- High school Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) and 6 Years of Experience
- Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II
- Must possess an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) network support certification and/or an Operating System (OS)/Application certification such as Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) Network+, Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA), Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), or a Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) certification for Enterprise Services
- Active DOD Secret clearance
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Routing and Switching.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.