Leidos is hiring a Information Assurance Security Engineer/Information System Security Engineer - Active TS/SCI Required in Suitland, MD.
All work will be performed onsite at the National Maritime Intelligence Center in Suitland' an active TS/SCI is required to be considered for this position. or, MD.
The Hopper Information Services Center (ISC) is an IT service provider for the Office of Naval Intelligence (ONI) and for 70+ Navy Intelligence Community (IC) ashore organizations across the globe with mission to deploy and operate classified information systems, networks, communications systems, and cybersecurity capabilities. Within Hopper ISC, the Cybersecurity Department is comprised of four divisions (Defensive Cybersecurity Operations, Cybersecurity Mission Operations, Assessment & Validation , and Cybersecurity Engineering), and these divisions collectively secure, protect, assess, and monitor fielded Information Technology (IT) capabilities against a full range of internal and external threats.
Candidate will provide operations, engineering, technical and program management support services and associated supplies to support the cyber related requirements and operations and will routinely work independently to achieve critical mission objectives necessary to continue smooth operations for Hopper, and other internal and external agencies. Routinely will collaborate with different internal and external customers and other experts to develop technical solutions to problems that are complex and not always immediately identifiable in order to timely meet mission objectives.
The Defensive Cyber Operations Division (DCO) enables ONI Information Dominance and decision superiority by providing proactive and real-time protection, monitoring, detection, analysis, reporting, response, recovery and lessons learned for cybersecurity events that pose a threat to ONI’s information and information systems. DCO has hands-on ownership of cybersecurity defensive capabilities that protect ONI enterprise infrastructure.
- Perform Computer Network Defense (CND) engineering and system administration of DCO tools; specifically install, operate, configure, upgrade, and maintain the entire suite of cybersecurity hardware and software systems in place or otherwise acquired to support the DCO mission. This includes system administration of cybersecurity tools as those recommended by DISA in the Network Infrastructure Policy Security Technical Implementation Guidance (STIG) and includes systems administration at both the operating system level and application level. Maintenance will include daily operations, configuration modifications, upgrades, patches, and new versions.
- Develop and maintain DCO monitoring functions using tools like Splunk, sensor architectures based on a wide variety of IP-Based sensor technologies and maintain access to cybersecurity Intelligence applications, and technical capabilities to include, but not limited to Splunk, Incident Response portals, network and host based IPS/IDS, web and email content filtering, digital forensics, and malware analysis technology.
- Provide cybersecurity service provider support for an unclassified system/network that supports various ONI missions
- Provide technical support for effective and efficient response to cyber incidents, and propose strategies to prevent incidents from occurring or escalating as well as recommend improvements to cyber defense activities (i.e. monitoring, detection, analysis, response and coordination).
- Develop and maintain documentation for each individual project and system to include :Requirements and Design Documents, Implementation Plans, CONOP), RMF documentation, System / Network Diagrams, WBS Project Schedule, Installation & Configuration Guides, O&M Guides and Analyst Operations Guides
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Must possess CISSP certification
- BS/BA (MS preferred) in CS, EE, IT, IA or related field desired, and 8+ years of Security Engineering experience; additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Must adhere to the DOD IA Workforce Improvement Program requirements, DOD 8570.01-M
- Experience must include the following: DIACAP/DoD RMF, DCID 6/3, ICD-503, and/or NIST RMF. IC, DoD, DISA, NAVINTEL IA, Fleet Cyber Command (FLTCYBERCOM), and DoDIIS processes, systems, reporting mechanisms and requirements for Assessment ad Authorization
- Experience implementing security engineering practices in the SDLC process; General knowledge of the DoD, IC, and national level system security initiatives and secure Information/LAN)/WAN technologies.
- Experience in system/software design, enterprise architecture security, integration, testing, system integration, system and application administration, training, deployment, and O&M.
- 5+ years of software development experience in Java, C, C++, or other programming or scripting languages.
- Experience in designing and developing host based and network based scanning tools.
- Experience with the use of host and network based scanning tools and SCAP based tools and specifications.
- Experience in the installation, configuration, testing, deployment, and O&M of Enterprise-wide network based scanning tools (e.g. HBSS, ACAS, etc.) in support of compliance testing and continuous monitoring.
- Experience in hardening modern operating systems (OS) Unix (e.g., Oracle Solaris 10/11, RHEL) and MS Windows using STIG
- Experience securing systems/software IAW IC, DoD, and industry best practices; development of security controls, testing methodologies, and test procedures for systems, cloud based architectures, and Cross Domain Solutions (CDS).
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- 2 years of Project Management experience.
- ISSEP or CASP certification
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.