The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within the Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an Information Systems Engineer (ISE) to work at the USCG data center in Kearneysville, West Virginia. The ISE will collaborate with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) United States Coast Guard’s Command, Control, Communications, Computer, Cyber and Intelligence Service Center (C5ISC) – Alexandria, VA in continuing to provide ISE services for all infrastructure managed services that empower all 65,000 end users (EUs) to successful execute the USCG’s eleven mandatory missions. Ultimately, Leidos will support the C5ISC in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capabilities and services while improving life cycle costs and EU experience.
The Information Systems Engineer will be part of the Engineering Team supporting the USCG Infrastructure Managed Service program. The IMS program falls under the C5ISC that is responsible for the technical planning and full lifecycle design, development, and integration in support of the C5I enterprise. Standard engineering methodologies, processes, and tools will be used to perform problem solving, solution design, integration and test preparation, risk assessment and mitigation planning, and related activities. Functional responsibilities include requirements analysis, implementation planning, subcontractor coordination, integration & test, sustainment, documentation, deployment, and system assessment. Although this is a technical/engineering position, communication and interpersonal skills are crucial in this role. The candidate will be expected to interface with Government personnel, subcontractors, and management to identify required activities, perform collaborative planning, review deliverables, and resolve issues. Responsible for evaluating organization's security posture and services and ensuring approved processes and procedures are followed through review and audit activities in accordance with DoD and C5ISC security policies.
- Bachelor's Degree with 4 to 8 years of prior relevant experience OR Master's Degree with 2 to 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must have 5+ years experienced in monitoring and managing all installed systems and infrastructure
- Must posses a current DOD Secret Clearance
- Experience with establishing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Evaluate the existing systems and provide the technical direction to IT support staff
- Oversee the development of customized software and hardware requirement
- Ability to plan and implement systems automation as required for better efficiency
- Ability to formulate and design the security system in place to maintain data safety
- Effectively oversee the constant availability of technical resources
- Timely reporting on the log sheet for the rapid response to any outages
- DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certifications for IAT Levell III: CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP, GCED, GCIH, or CCSP
- TS Clearance; SCI eligible
- Knowledge and understanding of multiple engineering disciplines (Integration, Software, etc.)
- Experience Report and/or technical writing experience
- MS degree in Systems Engineering; Computer Science or related field
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.