The NISC program is seeking a Communications Specialist who will be able to implement organizational missions and visions through positive leadership collaborative skills and a desire to cultivate relationships.
Use your excellent communications skills, strong managerial and interpersonal skills (both oral & written) to thrive in a team-oriented atmosphere.
With your skill in multi-tasking priorities and self-motivation, you will perform research, respond to media inquires, track mentions in the mass-media, advise the management team in taking action in cases of communication crisis and foster in departmental brand awareness.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Support the program with editing, creating, processing, and coordinating the composition of products for hardcopy and electronic publication and dissemination. This work includes editing, proofreading, formatting, creating graphics, and providing quality control for the publication of analytic and finished intelligence products (including briefing books) for senior policymakers.
Documentation work includes ensuring consistency in organization, style, and readability.
- Lead document production efforts, define project requirements, develop production timelines, use approved formats, research written and graphic content, prepare concepts for customer review, produce final content layout and artwork, coordinate with stakeholders, ensure quality control, and prepare and deliver digital files for final hard copy or soft copy output.
- Serve as the technical/creative resource for report production projects, provide alternative approaches and mediums for consideration, review concepts, content and final artwork, and recommend or incorporate revisions for team projects to ensure adherence to technical production and quality control standards.
- Assist the Publications Officer in the plan and design of briefing products, web products, and websites, partnering with clients to ensure inclusion of project requirements. Plan and develop original, innovative content and graphic concepts, formats, templates, and/or standards for product design.
- Define, clarify, and communicate customers' requirements and coordinate with customers to plan projects; work closely with customers to translate vision and conceptual ideas into graphic products, assess work parameters on complex projects, collect information, negotiate production schedules, and resolve difficult procedural and production problems that may arise.
- Preserve and protect all confidences and privileged communications.
- Design visual content to communicate messages via email messages, KSN Pages, or other channels.
- Develop innovative, creative communications campaigns and PowerPoint presentations.
- Bachelor’s of Science, Communications or Public Relations and 4 to 8 years of relevant experience or Masters with 2 to 6 years of relevant experience.
- Possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills while thriving in deadline-driven, fast-paced environment.
- Strong MS Office Suite especially PowerPoint
- Strong time-management skills.
- Skilled in using graphic design packages
- Ability to efficiently plan, provide for contingencies, balance competing demands, adapt to change, and remain focused to deliver results.
- FAA experience preferred
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.