The Principal Systems Integration Engineer will serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) providing full lifecycle support activities from high-level requirements gathering, systems design input, and end-to-end system integration and deployment. She/he will develop and implement strategies to maintain and improve internal functionality, enhance performance with internal and external systems, protect critical data sets, and provide assessments of system and network vulnerabilities. The ideal candidate will have a strong system administration background and excellent communication skills and be well versed in current automation technologies to reduce manual intervention. She/he will be responsible for technical planning, system design and integration decisions, and risk evaluation, and will perform minimal amounts of racking and cabling, manually configuring devices, deployment of developed software, vendor firmware, COTS, and FOSS installations and updates when needed.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
The selected Engineer will serve as a SME providing guidance and support for system integration engineering of complex large-scale systems, major system elements, and interfacing systems that are part of a large complex network environment with geographically distributed components. She/he will interface with program management, customer personnel from executive to individual contributor, program system and software integration engineers, test engineers, information assurance engineers, and other project team members in an Agile environment. The selected candidate will support Linux and Windows-based components within a large, high-performance computing system. She/he will use their knowledge and expertise to provide substantial diagnostics and troubleshooting which involves working with other System Integrators to determine system behavior errors (may be software or hardware-related), including examining packet captures at a low level and analyzing event/audit logs to identify errors and determine root causes. The selected candidate will provide support for development and production systems; perform ad-hoc tasking which may include applying software builds, updating application versions, applying security patches, and changing configuration settings; and will also provide support for deployment activities, COTS software evaluation and installation, and external site hardware and software installation. The System Integration Engineer will work with internal Team Leads as well as external organizations to determine acceptable outage windows that will minimize disruption to operational users and/or others who require system access (testers, integrators, etc.). She/he will develop and update data flow diagrams and documentation used in the deployment and management of the system, and will support the development of system configuration documentation, including detailed designs for risk assessments and analyses of alternatives for a variety of system-related issues and concerns.
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph clearance
- Masters Degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or a related field and 15 or more years of related experience. Additional experience will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Subject Matter Expertise with our customers customer systems and networks
- Extensive experience troubleshooting complex IT systems and networks.
- Linux system administration experience.
- Virtualization experience required via any industry standard hypervisor.
- Experience deploying application software including application servers.
- Must be comfortable working on multiple infrastructure networks simultaneously to support multiple systems in various stages of manufacturing and debugging.
- Must have some level of experience developing system analysis, risk analysis, and/or vulnerability assessments.
- Must be capable of developing creative solutions to issues that arise on the fly and ensuring they are tracked and included in the Development, Integration, and Production environments before systems deployment.
- Must be capable of planning and prioritizing tasking based on mission and team needs.
- Must be an independent thinker, capable of performing high quality work, both independently and with a team in a fast-moving environment.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communications skills and be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to occasionally work extended hours to support uptimes on production systems for mission critical national security level programs with high levels of visibility.
- Systems-of-systems integration and development experience using the most up to date and potentially beta software packages to better predict how future changes/updates/end-of-life/discontinuation by hardware and software vendors may affect systems operation as they each update or add features to their solutions on which our operations rely.
- Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 along with Server Core administration experience.
- Wireshark Experience, with a focus on low level IP operations.
- Microsoft MDT experience.
- VMWare 6.7 experience.
- Centos & Redhat 7.3 experience.
- Experience with IP KVMs reaching into secured out-of-band networks.
- Powershell and PowerCLI experience with some knowledge of Python or REST APIs.
- SALT, Puppet, CHEF, or Ansible Experience.
- Experience with iSCSI and Flash SANs.
- Solarwinds usage and deployment experience.
- Familiarity with complex network systems, to include firewalls, Load Balancers, NIDS, NAT, PAT, VPC and complex ACLs on multiple hardware architectures including Cisco Nexus and Cisco Catalyst lines.
- Knowledge of PKI systems which use HSMs to validate key and NTP for synchronization.
- Recent hands on experience with ArcSight Security Analysis.
- Past administration experience of OS’s that support a Linux Oracle database instances a plus.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.