Leidos is seeking qualified candidates for a Project Master Scheduler supporting our government customer onsite in their Reston, VA location. Let us know you are interested in knowing more and our Talent Acquisition team will connect you with your PERFECT position. APPLY TODAY to learn more Leidos opportunities.
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. WE WANT YOU!!
Under the direction of Program Managers and Deputy Program Managers, the Master Project Scheduler develops and maintains project schedules and associated resource allocation, performance assessment, and reporting. These include but not limited to:
- Project planning that includes cost, schedule, risk, change control management, etc.
- Financial, cost, and schedule analytical skills.
- Establish and coordinate business rhythms required to accomplish program schedule execution across multiple programs with a particular focus on schedules and associated resource management using the MS Project Server tool.
- Develop and maintain a program-level IMS and perform performance analysis
- Ability to work across multiple segments integrating lower level schedules into overall IMS
- On a weekly basis, perform Schedule Quality Assurance reviews in consultation with project and task leadership
- Resource-load (personnel, BOM, ODC) new tasks and schedules. Collect and implement schedule status, providing critical path analysis, implement baseline changes, and prepare reporting with regard to resource utilization on a monthly basis.
- Communicate schedule impacts and propose corrective actions to applicable stakeholders. Present the master schedule as required during Program/Project Management meetings.
- Establish and enforce schedule guidelines for functional areas.
- Perform independent network analyses resulting in reports and metrics.
- Evaluate and make process improvements to support Project Planning objectives.
- Ability to complete the responsibilities outlined above.
- Master level capability with Microsoft Project with the ability to build a range of project, program, and integrated master schedules.
- Ability to resource load schedules and properly estimate relationships and durations.
- Good – Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage conflict effectively.
- Ability to adapt and be productive in a dynamic environment.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills supporting multiple stakeholders and business operations.
- Expertise in understanding and mitigating risks to business operations.
- Self-starter and self-managed.
- Team player.
- All candidates MUST have an ACTIVE TS/SCI with a POLYGRAPH clearance to be considered for the position.
Education & Experience:
Requires a BA degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience. Will consider experience in lieu of a degree.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.