Who Are We?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT as-a Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.
Who We Need:
A highly motivated Sr. ServiceNow Solutions Architect to design and develop software tools and solutions for our ServiceNow IT services platform.
• After your initial onboarding and acclimation to the team, you will lead a team of highly skilled software developers responsible for delivering customized solutions for federal and commercial clients.
• You will define strategic direction following industry best practices for the enterprise ServiceNow platform and all application designs and development to be implement with well documented, maintainable code.
• You will work closely with the customer to understand the business direction, define the solution and present the solution design and architecture aspects to the client through presentations and Daily/Weekly discussions. communicate, the define the solution and gain customer confidence and buy-in.
• In collaboration with Project Managers, you will update application modernization strategic roadmaps and perform planning for the implementation of each application utilizing Agile Scrum methodologies and processes
• You will work closely with team members to lead the sprint planning, design, development and implementation of innovative technical and process solutions to support our customers.
• Lead a team of developers to implement applications within an Agile Scrum methodology.
• Follow software best practices to design and implement well documented, maintainable code
• Work with the security SME and other infrastructure teams to ensure the solution complies with Government security requirements for a moderately classified system. Analyze, diagnose, and resolve software bugs utilizing approved procedures
• Be responsible for communicating and presenting architecture/designs and working with the customer and executives on a weekly basis in delivering outstanding technical innovation and services to our customers.
• You will provide expert advice, mentoring and guidance, and general professionalism to continuously develop the team and customer.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 10 years in Information Technology Systems and/or Software engineering, development, and delivery with successful track record of progressive increase in responsibility
• 5+ years’ experience developing and supporting software applications, specifically common programming languages such as Java, or C# and implementing ServiceNow systems
• Experienced with with RESTful APIs, JSON, AJAX, XHTML, and SOAP
• Have an active Certified SNOW System Administrator or Developer
• Certifications in ServiceNow platform associated Systems administration/Engineering certifications. Examples would include MCSA/MCSE, CCNA/CCNP, VCP, RHCSA/RHCSE, AWS Developer or Architect, etc.
• Experience with architecting applications in a ServiceNow cloud-based enterprise environment
• Outstanding verbal and written communication, strong leadership presence, and excellent customer-facing presentation skills
• Ability to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance
Desired Experience, Skills, and Education:
• Experience with Federal customers and solid understanding of Federal contracting practices for technical teams and security requirements.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.