QTC, a subsidiary of Leidos, has an immediate opening for a Configuration Manager supporting our corporate IT Department.
Remote candidates may be considered for this role with preference for candidates who are located or are willing to be located in San Dimas, CA; San Antonio, TX; Nashville, TN; or Malvern, PA.
***Interested candidates must be willing to work 8am - 430pm pacific time***
Responsible for installation, support, administration and maintenance of the company’s configuration management, build and release process utilizing Microsoft Team Foundation System (TFS) and other tools. Design architecture and ongoing assessment of the company's Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize TFVC and Jenkins for architecting, maintaining, and streamlining automated build and release pipeline from code compilation, automated testing, and deploying releases to multiple environments
- Design and administration of packaging and release all code & SQL scripts
- Primary release coordinator for all Test, Training and Production environments
- Create and implement automated build scripts utilizing Microsoft TFS and Jenkins
- Troubleshoot application configuration/deployment issues in test and production environments
- Management of build servers and applications
- Manage and control the source code repository, currently housed in TFSVC
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities
- Establish new and enhance existing policies and procedures for configuration management, build and release management
- Maintain and deploy the company's SDLC process utilizing TFS, SharePoint and other similar tools
- Responsible for creating and troubleshooting builds, release management, configuration management and deployment of various software applications
- Work with QA and Development to increase developer productivity and product testability
- Create and maintain documentation of the build/release process.
- Formulate, affect, interpret documentation and strategies to optimize process efficiency across SDLC
- Work with Development on Source Code Branching and Merging strategies
- Adhere to and promote compliance to company data security policies
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to utilize discretion and independent judgment to switch between priorities quickly without affecting quality or performance
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Superior customer service skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Team Foundation Server and Jenkins
- Strong knowledge of the capabilities and appropriate application of a wide variety of technologies, including but not limited to C#, IIS, .net, ASP, data warehousing, MS SQL & Oracle databases
- Solid organization and planning skills, with strong attention to detail
- Expert knowledge of CM practices and standards, and knowledge of tools used in implementing a successful CM program
- Must possess the ability and flexibility to work extra hours and weekends
- Ability and desire to take ownership of work assignments and drive tasks to completion
- Ability to conduct research as required on new SDLC technologies, and help develop best practices and patterns to aid in the adoption of new technologies that are appropriate to the company's requirements
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related field, or equivalent experience/combined education.
- 9 to 14 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience working with Configuration Management (CM) including planning, monitoring, and reporting on CM activities
- Prior administration experience with Windows 2008, 2012, 2016 and 2019 server environments
- Experience administering Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Experience using PowerShell scripts with Jenkins
- Experience with Active Directory including service account and delegate active directory management
- Experience in Microsoft development technologies; C#, ASP.net a plus
- Must be able to successfully pass National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) background investigation
This job description supersedes all prior job descriptions and is intended to describe the general content and essential requirements for the position listed above. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of requirements, duties and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to add or change the duties of this position as required at any time.
QTC Management Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company has an ongoing commitment to affirmative action and the creation of a workplace free of discrimination, harassment and retaliation. The company recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, people with disabilities protected under law, and protected veteran status.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.