Are you interested in being part of a world class team that is supporting one of the world’s largest integrated transportation, logistics and supply chain systems? Interested in a position that will encourage and promote future growth opportunity? If this excites you, Leidos has just the role for you!
Leidos has been asked to provide key talent in support of a Systems / Software Engineering Sustainment Lead role on the IGC II program. As the Sustainment Lead, you’ll be working with IGC which is USTRANSCOM’s System of Record for In-Transit Visibility (ITV) and Asset Visibility (AV). You will works hands on with the IGC Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) which is a data repository of integrated transportation, logistics, and supply chain data that provides end-to-end visibility from requisition to delivery in theatre. Customers that you will be supporting and sustaining include the Combatant Commands, Services, DOD, and other federal agencies.
Location: Local telework will be allowed (must be able to reasonably commute to the office as needed). Periodic report to Scott AFB, IL will be required.
What will you do as Systems / Software Engineering Sustainment Lead?
• Provide staff direction and manage all Sustainment Releases
• Work with a diverse team of systems and software engineers responsible for the sustainment of an Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW).
• Utilize knowledge of IT logistics systems to provide expertise for Sustainment Releases.
• Work directly with the government functional team to understand defects.
• Use Agile development tools to manage work and collaborate with IGC teams.
• Support creation and updating of all relevant documentation and specifications for design, development and testing.
• Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics.
• Conduct various formal and participate in lifecycle reviews.
• Tailor Leidos Engineering procedures to meet program requirements and standards.
• Assist IGC III Operations Manager and Chief Engineer, as necessary.
• Support proposal efforts and other tasks, as required.
Qualifications required for the job include...
• United States Citizen
• Must have an Active Secret Clearance and be eligible to obtain Top Secret
• Security+ CE Certification or equivalent
• B.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field with 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years prior relevant experience
Proficiency with the Following:
• 3+ years of USTRANSCOM/DOD experience
• Knowledge of COTS products (i.e. Oracle WebLogic Server, Informatica PowerCenter and Data Transformation, Oracle RDBMS, SAP Business Objects, Teradata Vantage, Redhat Directory Server, IBM Cognos, Citrix)
Qualifications preferred for the job include...
Knowledgeable and/or Experience with the following:
• Basic UNIX knowledge
• Teradata and Oracle SQL
• Web Services (SOAP)
• Knowledge of software development lifecycle (waterfall, agile)
• Knowledge of any of the current IGC interfaces (including GATES, GDSS, CMOS, DLA/DAAS (Supply/Requisition), JOPES, TRDM, RFITV, GATES Water, IBS, Commercial EDI, and Asset Visibility Inventory feeds)
• Microsoft tools (Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.