Looking for an exciting opportunity with 1901 Group as a Service Desk Technician?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) has an exciting Service Desk position located in the Blacksburg, Virginia area with some possibilities to work remote or relocate.
POSITION or PROGRAM SUMMARY:
1901 Group is seeking a highly motivated information technology technician responsible for being the first contact for each of our customer calls. This individual will help ascertain the nature of the call, resolve issues where possible, and escalate to the appropriate work group, when necessary.
• After an initial acclimation period, you will be responsible for providing phone, email, and web support to users. The process will include greeting our customers, ascertaining the nature of the call, resolving Level 1 issues where possible, opening tickets via a ticketing system, and escalating to the appropriate work groups, when necessary.
• You will determine the functional area of the problem being reported, e.g. hardware, software, applications, telecommunications, desktops (PC and Mac), mobile devices, printers and provide detailed analysis of the problem
• You might be asked to deploy mobile devices to end users, assist with basic enterprise-level mobile device management configuration and troubleshooting
• Determine if equipment is warranted and arrange appropriate resolution under warranty
• You will update assigned tickets and continuously coordinate necessary work
• It will be very important to document status updates and communicate to necessary parties, including providing follow-up to the user on the status of the problem until resolution, and verify problem resolution prior to closure of the ticket
• You will be expected to escalate the problem to next level support if the issue cannot be resolved at Level 1
• Provide excellent phone support and oral and written communication skills
• Be expected to work to incident response and resolution targets in an Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) environment with Service Level Agreement (SLAs)
• Apply logical thinking and problem solving skills to common end-user desktop challenges, such as software and hardware enhancements, application deployments and infrastructure upgrades
• If you do not possess them already, work to gain industry certifications such as ITIL V4, CompTIA A+, or AWS Cloud Practitioner.
• Ability to be in the call center, answering phones, and document each interaction.
• Maintain a professional interaction with the customer in verbal and written communication.
• Ability to learn new tools/ programs and technical skills
• Ability to work all hours of the day/ weekend and holidays
• Reporting to a service desk manager
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clearance
• Bachelor’s degree and 1 year of professional experience; additional years of experience is acceptable in lieu of a degree.
• Experienced working in a customer service or call center environment
• Someone who thrives in a team atmosphere and can keep their cool when the phone call volume surges
• Someone with a high-energy work ethic and available to work non-standard hours during peak times
• Willing to become an expert in one or more technical work streams, such as Networking or Cloud Computing, to prepare yourself for the next stage of your career
• Proficient in creating technical documentation & diagrams using Visio or similar
• A US Citizen
• Industry certifications such as ITIL V4, CompTIA A+, or related
Who Are We?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT as-a Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.