Are you smart, versatile, and resourceful? Do you like working with your hands and your brain? Do you enjoy all phases of product development, including design, prototype fabrication, integration, lab testing, and field testing? If so, we are looking for you, our next Engineering Technologist to work in San Diego, CA, as part of a small team to interface with Customers and End Users to tackle their unique set of requirements (never been done before) and multidiscipline designs like mechanical, electrical, optical and control logic.
Be an integral part of an energetic, highly engaged team where there are many overlapping roles and opportunities for cross-over skillsets to develop and contribute across a range of technologies. We know you’ll take great pride in technical creativity to rapidly develop new solutions to interesting problems.
- Mechanical and electrical fabrication and troubleshooting
- Data collection using a variety of lab equipment
- Provide direct support to project engineers and scientists
- Willingness to perform both field and office work
- HS Diploma or equivalent and 2+ years of prior relevant experience
- Must have a Secret Security Clearance and the ability to obtain a Top Secret Security Clearance
- Must be proficient with mechanical and electrical shop tools for the purpose of test article preparation and/or prototype development
- Must have the ability to work independently as well as with a team of Physicists, Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers and other technicians
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills, and must be meticulous, organized, responsible, and self-motivated with a can-do attitude
- Must possess strong communication skills
- Must thrive in fast-paced environment
- Experience with MS Office
- Some travel within the US is required
- Background in Engineering technology (Associates or Bachelor’s degree) or equivalent degree.
- Additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Drawing development and maintenance using CAD software (Solidworks, Rhino, and Viso)
- Working knowledge of composite materials, Additive Manufacturing, adhesives, coatings, etc. is desirable
- Experience with optical instrumentation is a plus. On the job training can be provided.
- LabView operation or programming is a plus
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.