The Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Operations Defense Group Leidos is seeking an experienced Network Operations Center Technician to support one of our most prominent DoD customers in the Colorado Springs, CO area.
About the program...
Our customer maintains a highly demanding mission and requires our support to provide expert technical and professional management support to the commands enterprise Information Technology (IT) services. The Network Operations Center Technician will support a program that provides sustainment, maintenance, Problem and Change management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense IP networks.This position will report directly to the Network Operations Center Lead.
What will you do in this role?
• Perform duty as a Network Operations Watch Officer
• Provide network monitoring expertise for the Network Operations Center and the Technical Operations team
• Act as the communications focal point and liaison for remotes site reporting and tracking of IT issues
• Monitor network tools for availability and performance latency to proactively identify network and server issues before they happen
• Act as the liaison between Government operations (J63) and sustainment (J66), CWOC, NORAD/USNORTHCOM Command and Control (N2C2) Center, and Contractor personnel
• Perform COMSPOT monitoring and tracking, support development of COMSPOT and Executive Summary (EXSUM) Reports
• Provide coordination of Authorized Service Interruptions (ASIs)
• Provide coordination with Technical Operations teams (Technical Operations Manager, N2C2, Sys Admin, NetOps, Applications Admin, and Cyber Security) on Various IT issues, open tickets, and track resolution
These are required qualifications for the position...
• High School Diploma and 3 plus years of technical experience
• Must have current Secret with the ability to gain TS/SCI clearance
• Must have DoD-8570 IAT Level I baseline certification (Security +ce, and Server+ce, or Azure, or Nutanix cert) or equivalent at start date
• Experience with one or more of the following: alarm surveillance, fault management, LAN maintenance, performance management
• General understanding of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, GPO’s, and NTFS permissions
• General understanding of network topologies, both transport and IP
These are preferred qualifications for the position...
• Bachelor's degree in the associated field
• Experience with Solarwinds monitoring tools
• Expertise in one or more of the following: routers, switches, crypto devices, routing, DSN/DRSN, Video Services, Promina, CISCO, Juniper, MSPP, DWDM, Optical Switching
• Understanding of Virtual Desktop Infurstructor (VDI) environments
• Experience with Vmware Horizon View
• ITIL Foundations Certification
• Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation, and problem management skills
• Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts
• Familiarization of NORAD/USNORTHCOM missions and DOD regulations and directives
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.