Our Directed Energy team in Albuquerque is looking for a Senior Pulsed Power Engineer to contribute to the research and development of game changing, next-generation technologies. This is an exciting opportunity to work with modern equipment in cutting-edge laboratories at the Air Force Research Laboratories (AFRL) on Kirtland AFB, where you will see designs and ideas transformed into state-of-the art pulsed power devices and high power microwave (HPM) sources and systems. Working alongside our scientists, engineers, and technicians, our successful candidate will be afforded the satisfaction of building and testing new and novel creations in both laboratory and field settings.
• Design, test and characterize novel pulsed power devices and HPM sources and systems, including pulsers, trigger systems, switches, field coils, non-linear transmission lines, HPM amplifiers and antennas.
• Perform all aspects of laboratory and field testing, including setting test goals and schedules, developing test methodologies, setting up and conducting tests, reducing test data, and analyzing results.
• Design, develop, and field diagnostics and data acquisition systems necessary to obtain device and system performance data.
• Master’s degree or higher in Physics, Electrical Engineering or related discipline with six or more years experience working in a research & development environment on pulsed power devices and HPM sources and systems.
• Expertise using data capture and analysis software to evaluate and enhance component and system performance.
• Experience conducting laboratory and field tests of pulsed power devices and HMP sources and systems.
• Ability to work well in a laboratory environment and with engineering peers.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD secret security clearance.
• Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Current DoD secret or higher security clearance.
• Working knowledge of AFRL pulsed power and microwave laboratories on KAFB.
About Our Team
Our Directed Energy team in Albuquerque consists of approximately 100 scientists, engineers, technicians, drafters, fabricators and support staff with backgrounds in advanced physics, electrical and mechanical engineering, electromagnetics, lasers, and high-power microwaves. For over three decades our team has worked with government laboratories to push the limits of the state-of-the-art in several high-tech fields, and continue to do so on several programs.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.