Leidos is seeking a tester to join the MARS Enterprise Agile Development (MEAD) contract, to enhance mission applications by advancing and increasing the use of Big Data, data analysis, AI, Machine Learning (ML), and advanced analytics.
The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) will support the development of mission-critical applications involving AI/ML capabilities for a prominent intelligence mission. SDET is a hands-on software engineer who develops code to automate testing and validation of back-end microservices and micro-frontend applications. SDET works in close collaboration with the application development and software factory teams to produce well-tested high-quality applications.
The SDET role is a technical software tester with a focus on developing automated test scripts. They are part of an agile team and work alongside developers to help automate Acceptance Criteria in user stories.
This position may initially be performed remotely during the contract transition. Candidates will need to attend in person meetings at Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling AFB and/or Reston, VA.
- Establish automation framework to test and validate microservices and micro-frontend applications
- Develop automated tests for each feature and user story in a standard programming language
- Document and monitor testing outcomes and establish steps to remedy problems
- Implement test-driven development and behavior-driven development practices
- Track testing tasks in the integrated product backlog and work in close collaboration with application developers to codify test cases
- Integrated tests into CI/CD pipelines, closely monitor test results, and promptly fix test failures
- Implement processes to synthesize and manage test data
- Measure code coverage and code quality using tools such as Sonar and ensure a minimum of 80% coverage of tested code
- 1+ year/years as SDET with deep experience developing test automation scripts for large applications involving microservices, web UIs and APIs
- Thorough understanding of QA concepts and quality standards for distributed applications and CI/CD pipeline processes
- Strong hands-on experience with a major programming language: Java, Python, and similar
- Strong hands-on experience with major testing frameworks including Selenium, Junit, JMeter, and similar
- Fluent in Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) practices
- Experience working in small cross-functional agile teams developing user stories and codifying acceptance criteria
- Experience integrating automated tests into CI/CD pipelines
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT or related discipline and 2+ years of relevant experience. Additional years of experience may be used in lieu of a degree.
- At least 3-5 years of testing experience.
- Candidates must already possess an active TS/SCI clearance.
- Candidates must be willing to obtain and maintain a polygraph.
- US Citizenship is required due to the nature of the government contracts we support.
- Experience developing automated tests for AI/ML applications
- Experience as SDET in development of applications for intel mission involving low-side development and testing and high-side deployment
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.