Leidos is seeking a Full Stack Developer to support development of mission critical applications involving AI/ML capabilities for a prominent intelligence mission. As a senior member of the development team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the creation and ongoing iterative development of microservice APIs that expose a robust and changing data environment to client UIs, and work with UI code to ensure data is presented properly. The Full Stack developer will be coordinating between UX developers and other back-end developers to ensure that the entire web application functions properly and is well-built.
- Design, develop and deliver modern secure software applications to enable the intel mission
- Support grooming of user stories, breakdown of development tasks and estimation of effort
- Employ a test-first development approach and code unit and integration tests to mitigate defect risks
- Design overall application architecture involving microservices, micro-frontends, APIs, integration patterns, database models and similar
- Instrument secure coding practices adhering to OWASP and mitigate vulnerabilities early
- Employ modern microservices and event-driven architecture using frameworks like Kafka
- Build reusability in day to day development and maintain library of reusable components and services
- Obsess on code quality by continuously monitoring SonarQube reports, performing peer reviews and ensure high test coverage
- Work with UX engineers and business analysts to design impactful and intuitive interfaces
- Collaborate with Software Factory team to achieve disciplined adoption of modern software development practices like TDD, BDD, CI/CD and similar
- Troubleshoot defect issues, deduce root cause, and implement mechanisms to prevent reoccurrence and mitigate offshoot issues
- Efficiently divide and conquer software development tasks with application developers
- Actively seek ways to improve business software processes and interactions
- Aid and support the coaching and training of other team members to achieve better quality
- 4+ years of experience developing distributed software applications using modern and open source technologies and frameworks
- Excel at server-side web development (Java, Python, PHP, Perl)
- Experience in transactional logic in relational data stores (SQL, JDBC, etc.)
- Experience with non-relational data stores and indexers (caching, Mongo, Elastic, etc.)
- Work with and model data effectively
- Understand HTTP and HTTPS protocols, REST APIs
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or related discipline.
- US Citizenship is required due to the nature of the government contracts we support.
- Candidates must already possess an active TS/SCI clearance.
- Candidates must be willing to obtain and maintain a polygraph.
- Experience developing AI/ML enabled applications for an intel mission
- Experience with Python-based microservices (Flask, FastAPI).
- ReactJS with TypeScript a plus
- Conversant with WebSockets
- Experience with GraphQL
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.