Looking for an exciting opportunity to make an impact as a Windows Systems Administrator?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) has a potential upcoming opportunity for a Windows Systems Administrator located in Southwest Virginia.
We are searching for a Windows Systems Administrator who will build, configure, and maintain Windows servers (2008R2, 2012 and later) in support of multiple internal and external customers.
*This position has been opened to collect resumes of candidates for future/expected opportunities with 1901 Group and does not represent an active position at this time*
• Build, configure and maintain Windows servers (2008R2, 2012, and later) on physical and virtual hosts.
• Perform configuration, troubleshooting, and management of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and file/print.
• Build and deploy Group Policy Objects to enforce desired enterprise behavior.
• Perform patch and security configuration activities to ensure servers and databases under management are properly secured and up to date.
• Monitor health, performance and operational trends to proactively identify issues before they become incidents.
• Communicate well with Executives, Managers, Peers and Customers.
• Support tickets and manage incidents, service requests, and problems through their full life-cycle.
• Troubleshoot end user incidents in depth to resolution and identify root cause.
• Perform incident analysis to determine possible cause and potential fix.
• Document status updates and communicate to necessary parties.
• Document troubleshooting steps and knowledge articles for Shared Desk and Help Desk teams.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clearance prior to start
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related field); equivalent experience considered in lieu of degree
• Bringing 4+ years of experience in Windows System Administration
• Competent in essential administration concepts around Active Directory, Group Policy, Windows Server 2008R2, 2012, and later
• Experienced in Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, or Office 365
• Knowledgeable in scripting such as Powershell
• US Citizenship required
Who Are We?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT as-a Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.