Leidos is seeking a Capture Manager Professional to lead small to medium sized capture efforts and fast-turn captures that are high complexity, high strategic value and high dollar value, to secure new business.
The successful candidate will have accountability to shape and win new business through a balanced focus on customer engagement, customer value, the competitive environment, corporate solution and pricing, and the corporation's best interests. The position will include developing capture strategy and business solutions for pursuit of opportunities, and playing a leadership role in defining technical solutions and competitive assessments and leading teams of matrixed support personnel. The CM will identify potential customers, competitive assessments, teammates and suppliers, and position-to-win; participate in bid and proposal activities and have the responsibility to lead and integrate the assigned cross-functional team, including the authority to direct team activities for the duration of the pursuit. The CM will partner with the Health Group and BD organization to ensure strategy and approach are in-line with business goals. Travel will be on an as-needed basis.
- The capture manager is responsible for the capture leadership of an assigned portfolio of opportunities in support of the market strategy.
- The capture manager will lead a team of individuals assigned to capture small to medium sized deals in accordance with the business strategy.
- The capture manager must thrive in an environment where they are responsible for the management and execution of the full BD life-cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals.
- This individual will be expected to identify gaps and emerging requirements, perform market and economic analysis, conduct business intelligence, design and execute formal capture plans, and monitor competitor activity for each capture.
- Candidates at this level will develop the overall win strategy and perform the associated marketing for assigned opportunities.
- Will develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers.
- The candidate is expected to exercise sound judgment within broadly defined practices and policies; regularly interact with all levels of management, functional POCs, staff, and customers; and display a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
- Characteristics necessary for success include: business and technical vision; disciplined strategic thinking; analytical presentation and problem solving skills; the ability to gain internal support; and the ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationship with technical staff, managers, and peers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 10 years of professional experience
- Demonstrated ability to capture business across a heterogeneous portfolio
- A natural aptitude for strategic planning, financial analysis, capture management and teaming
- Diplomatic, persuasive and articulate communication style to establish and maintain rapport with internal and external customers / partners
- Aptitude for milestone-based capture process; to include opportunity identification, developing business cases, and capture management
- Proactive, superior attention to detail, project management, and organizational skills
- Business acumen, strong analytical and problem solving skills, reliability and sound judgment
- Passion for personal accountability, achievement, learning and continual improvement
- Ability to articulate complex issues into succinct, cohesive summaries and presentations
- Strong leadership and communications skills
- Technical background or operational experience
- Successful track record of significant and successful capture and business development accomplishment and associated win rates
- US Citizenship required, must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust government security clearance.
- An advanced degree is highly desired.
- Experience with federal government budget, investments and acquisition processes
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with technical staff, division managers, and peers across Leidos
- Business development familiarity within the health market and health industry base
- Self-starter and ability to manage time independently without direct supervision
- The ability to operate at the senior level and influence, negotiate and close
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.