Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
We are looking for an individual with experience in Capture / Pursuit Management who thrives on working in an active, fast-paced environment to challenging deadlines. You must be self-motivated and able to work to tough deadlines, managing competing stakeholder demands.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
You will be responsible for winning small to medium size business opportunities <£30m, provide leadership of the capture team with oversight from the Bid Hub Lead and mentored by Senior Capture Managers.
- Coordination of key capture milestones ensuring alignment to the WinPlan
- Working with both the bid manager and business development lead to build Client relationships and support Client engagements, help understand the Client’s issues, concerns and hot buttons
- Supporting the Bid Manager with client portal management
- Build and lead a core bid team that brings relevant expertise and capabilities and actively navigate them to achieve bid milestones within budget and schedule
- Lead regular drumbeat meetings to ensure the capture continues to move forward
- Drafting of gate and governance packs
- Assemble an industry team that compliments Leidos capabilities to both win the opportunity and ensure execution of the program
- Develop the business case for continuing to pursue and bidding for the opportunity including bid budget
- Lead internal stakeholder management and keep the senior leadership teams informed and engaged including timely escalation of issues needing resolution
- Deputise for other Capture Managers where required
- Competitor and customer research in support of P2W or the opportunity you are assigned to.
- Lead the development of winning strategies that differentiate us , are competitively focused and are compelling to the client and their requirements, as well as satisfy internal business objectives and risk posture
- Lead any post-submission activities and support the program team as required.
What Sets You Apart:
- Have a proven track record working as a capture manager/capture coordinator in UK public of up to £20m TCV
- Be capable of developing and maintaining senior stakeholder relationships internally and with Customers and industry partners
- UK SC security clearance as a minimum
- Leadership, management, and communication skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Sound commercial acumen and ability to build a compelling business case
- Ability to manage to a challenging deadline
- Ability to travel/ be deployed across the UK for several months at a time
- Familiarity with O365 and its associated applications
You Might Also Have:
- Previous experience of the bid teams working across multiple sites
- Project management skills including ability to schedule and effectively time manage
- Detailed knowledge, experience and sales experience - in one of the following sectors: Defence; National Security; Emergency Services; Devolved Government
- Clearance to Start SC
- Clearance for Role SC
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
This is a Remote - work from home opportunity.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.