Looking for an exciting new step in your IT career?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) has an exciting Service Desk Manager opportunity working out of our Enterprise Operations Center in Blacksburg, VA.
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) is searching for a Service Desk Manager to provide services and support required to help our client’s IT support needs while leveraging continuous improvement and responsiveness to changes in the agency’s environment.
• After your initial onboarding and acclimation to the team, you will work with senior management to manage and maintain the Service Desk to meet client expectation.
• Provide leadership by creating team schedules, coaching and evaluating employee performance, time keeping and support for customer questions.
• Work with various groups on development and training issues including but not limited to Senior Management, PM, SLM, auditor.
• Implement change with little or no guidance from superiors and provide independent recommendations for process improvements
• Independently work to identify opportunities for improvement needed on the service desk for employee in various role and supporting different customers
• Stay current with relevant knowledge and training for the Service Desk.
• Perform regular audits between knowledge articles and customer SLA & KPI to ensure accurate data, including live phone call monitoring of agents.
• Inform and advise management and personnel about standard requirements to support compliance and training
• Communicate with various levels of leadership on issues critical to service desk needs.
• Partner with other Service Desk Managers, Service Level Managers and Service Desk Admins to provide actionable feedback and supportive coaching to help agents achieve maximal performance and ensure quality standards are met.
• Assist in creating, standardizing, implementing and improving all service desk processes and procedures: as well as making recommendations for enhancement to training materials and curriculum as identified during feedback sessions with other management groups.
• Create and maintain a on the job training mentor program that involves selected members of the service desk as mentors.
• Champion 1901 Group’s mission, vision and Values; comply with the policies and procedures, ethical standards and code of conduct set forth by the company.
• Coordinate the use of the 1901 Certification library for career grown and certification development for self and employees.
• You must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clearance
• Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of experience in an IT customer support center environment or a High School diploma and 8+ years of experience in an IT customer support center environment
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
• Experience utilizing and troubleshooting database, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentations applications.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to interact with all levels of personnel on the service desk.
• Previous experience with Service Level Agreements and KPI metrics.
• Able to demonstrate ability to exercise judgement in dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
• Ability to work independently with little to no management guidance.
• Able to travel as needed between other 1901 sites and/or client sites.
• Able to interpret an extensive variety of technical and non-technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Must be a US Citizen
Who Are We?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT as-a Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.