Looking for an exciting new step in your IT career?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) has an exciting Cloud Network Engineer position located in the Blacksburg, VA area.
We are searching for a Cloud Network Engineer to join our growing cloud engineering team to support the design, automation, and deployment of cloud infrastructure and applications.
• Develop and implement cloud-first and AWS native architectures
• Leverage knowledge and skills associated with AWS Console, CLI, and Managed Services
• Build Infrastructure As Code (IaC) and utilize Cloud-native and shared services in an automated fashion
• Implement DevSecOps including auto-scaled architectures for rebuilds
• Design, develop, configure, and manage mixed Windows and Linux environments
• Use Modern coding principles, continuous integration pipelines, and automation-first implementations
• Develop system interfaces on the Cloud and leverage messaging infrastructure
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance prior to start
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related field) and 2+ years of professional IT experience – or – a High School diploma (or equivalent) and 6+ years of professional IT experience
• 2 years of experience with Cloud services, AWS, or Azure.
• Familiar with Infrastructure as Code technologies such as Terraform and Ansible.
• Experienced migrating workloads to the cloud.
• Experiences with cloud consoles/CLIs and provisioning cloud services.
• Capable of working within a team and independently.
• Someone with strong problem solving and decision-making ability.
• Detail oriented with experience interacting with customers.
• Proficient in creating technical documentation and diagrams.
• An AWS Certified Solution Architect, Associate (or equivalent experience).
Who Are We?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT as-a Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.