Leidos is seeking an experienced Personnel Security Administrator (PSA) to support Department of Defense (DOD) and Intelligence Community (IC) within our Security Service Center (SSC) headquartered in Chantilly, VA. This position requires a Secret with the ability to obtain TS/SCI.
- Manage files from various sites, processing all clearance activities and accesses for various DOD and intelligence community government agencies.
- Process and document all aspects of the personnel security functions (e.g., processing new employees for security clearances, reinvestigations, processing individuals for necessary badges, and processing outgoing visit requests, request for access actions, and other duties as assigned) related to the DOD and IC.
- Collaborate and communicate between the subject, Security POC, Program Manager, and Operations Manager throughout the clearance process, as well as interfacing with the government customer as required.
- Assist in preparation of management reports and maintain the personnel clearance database(s).
- Reconcile Leidos security clearances and accesses in the DCSA/DMDC migration of Joint Personnel Security Adjudications System (JPAS) and Defense Information Security System (DISS). Review JPAS/DISS comparison reports and complete data entry to correct errant records.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent, and 3-5 years of related experience.
- Candidate should have a working knowledge of IC clearance processing procedures, experience using various databases, and proficient with MS Office.
- Knowledge of IC government regulations (e.g., ICD 704) is required.
- Candidate must have a solid command of the English language with strong written and verbal skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment are essential, as well as the ability to use discretion when handling sensitive personal information.
- Candidate must possess a Secret with the ability to obtain TS/SCI.
- The selected candidate must be comfortable working in a SCIF and in a dynamic environment.
- Thorough understanding and mastery of DISS.
- Proficiency with SIMS security software a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter, as well as a solid group contributor working in a fast-paced environment.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.