Salary Range: £38,100 - £48,550 p/a, with potential to increase for truly exceptional performance at assessment
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
Reporting to the Programme Financial Control Lead the Financial Analyst is responsible for providing Programme Financial Control and ensuring the integrity of the financials on the programmes. This role will be primarily responsible for supporting one of our major programmes in the National Security and Defence Division based in the South East of England.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Be a key member of Programme Management Team and act as a Programme Finance Analyst
- Provide highest level of customer service to all customers and stakeholders
- Responsible for the pricing of new business opportunities when required
- Develop, track and update programme baseline including tracking actual costs against baseline, development and overall management of programme Estimate At Complete (EAC)
- Analysis of programme actuals for accuracy, identifying & correcting errors, and communicating issues to Programme Management to prevent future errors
- Responsibility for producing programme financial customer deliverables
- Supporting financial presentation for programme or operational reviews
- Performing both short and long term forecasting for corporate metrics (Awards, Revenue, and Operating Income) at the programme level. Providing commentary on variances and of any financial Risks & Opportunities against financial forecast
- Accountable for programme billing, cash collection, analysis and clearing of unbilled receivables
- Support the validation of awards/bookings, backlog, revenue & operating income
- Provide excellent adhoc support to a wide variety of stakeholders both within the finance leadership team, and within wider operational teams
- You will be expected to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and to show a degree of flexibility in working hours when required to meet project and finance deadlines. You will also take ownership of decisions made
What Does Leidos Need From Me?:
- Project/programme accounting experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Organised and thorough, with attention to detail
- Team player but able to work independently and proactively
- Ability to work effectively across organisations and with multiple locations
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively to complete work assignments
- Good time management with the ability to achieve deadlines
- Capable of operating to tight schedules in a demanding environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Recognised accounting qualification, or studying towards qualification e.g. CIMA
You Might Also Have:
- SC clearance desirable
- Pricing/Cost Estimating experience
- Clearance to Start SC
- Clearance for Role SC HO
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.