Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient. Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos is seeking an Senior Network Firewall Engineer on the NOAA Cyber Security Center and Department of Commerce ESOC contract. the NOAA Cyber Security Center in Fairmont, WV.
- Responsible for the operations, maintenance and upkeep of the Red Hat Server environment (both physical and virtual.) Responsible for maintaining the appropriate DOD Cyber compliance level as directed by the program Cyber Security Office via patching and configuration using DISA STIGs.
- Fluent using Red Hat CLI with solid understanding of Linux kernel on OS initialization
- Works with project managers, developers, and end users to ensure application designs meet business requirements.
- Maintains backups and provides support for annual contingency tests and security reviews.
- Evaluates new and existing software products for monitoring systems.
- Be able to respond to on site system emergency at Fairmont, WV location.
- Install and configuring new hardware and software
- Add, remove, or update user account information, resetting passwords, etc.
- Answer technical queries and assist developers and end users
- Responsible for security of the Linux systems.
- Responsible for documenting the configuration of the systems.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Requires a BS Degree and 4+ years of hands on system administration with Linux / Red Hat experience. Additional experience can be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Should have experience in Linux Tools (RHEL 7/8, Ansible, Satellite, RHV)
- Should be familiar with large scale operational environments (patching, monitoring of CPU’s, memory, disk utilization)
- Requires troubleshooting experience
- Ability to respond at all hours to operational requirements
- Ability to work outside normal hours during routine maintenance windows
Preferred Experience, Skills:
- Experience with Red Hat Open Shift, Ansible Tower
- Experience with DoD DISA STIG and patching process
- Knowledge of Linux scripting languages such as: Python, Perl, or Shell
- Fairmont, WV
- Silver Springs, MD
- Boulder, CO
- Remote possibility, however onsite is preferred
Clearance: Must be a US Citizen and have at a minimum a Secret clearance or be able to obtain clearance before starting position.
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.