Leidos is seeking a Senior Systems Engineering Technical Documentation Writer. The successful candidate will be leading the development (writing, editing, proofreading and/or providing writing support) of technical manuals updates. The candidate will be responsible for creating and modifying technical diagrams using tools such as Visio or Microsoft PowerPoint; reviewing technical changes; and providing editorial changes per FAA documentation standards. Air Traffic knowledge or experience is preferred, but not required. This position could be located at the William J Hughes Technical Center in Atlantic City New Jersey or Leidos facility in Rockville Maryland or virtual. Candidate will be required to represent Leidos to the FAA customer in a positive manner, demonstrating exceptional communication skills, flexibility and adaptability in adjusting to shifting work requirements in an environment that can be fast-paced.
Technical Documentation Writer/Editor Responsibilities:
• Developing technical documentation and performing lab validation for review and approval by FAA Second Level Engineering personnel.
• Establish and maintain a direct working relationship with FAA Technical Manuals representatives responsible for the FAA systems fielded by Leidos.
• Work with the customer and internal departments to gather information used in the development of various forms of technical documentation for the Enterprise Information Display System (E-IDS) program.
• Ability to translate technical and complex information and requirements into user-friendly E-IDS technical documentation.
• Experience developing and testing written procedures in a lab environment.
• Develop new documentation, stylesheets, and graphics. Also have the ability to update existing documentation.
• Provide weekly status updates used to develop productivity metrics. Assist in developing charts and presentations.
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with minimum of 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
• Demonstrated direct experience developing and implementing large-scale technical changes on compressed schedule deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to work without appreciable direction, modulating schedule to meet and exceed schedule targets.
• Working knowledge of XML editor (i.e., MadCap Flare).
• Demonstrated ability to review and provide editorial comments for content developed by other team members.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.