The Leidos Defense Group, Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Team currently has an opening for a Data Solutions Architect with 15+ years of experience architecting and implementing complex business data solutions, to include big data platforms, data fabrics, BI and analytical tools, and AI/ML solutions. This is an exciting opportunity to use your technical expertise and leadership experience in support of our DoD Information Technology customers. You will support development of enterprise business solutions for new business development, research and development projects and current contract execution. This role is in support of DoD customers in the DC Metro area as well as globally. Ideally the candidate will be based in DC Metro area, but this is not required. Opportunity may require up to 25% Domestic travel. Candidates should either possess or be capable of obtaining a DoD Clearance at Secret level.
- The Data Solution Architect will provide the leadership and technical direction for the execution of DoD IT new business during the capture phase, through proposal development and into program startup upon award.
- Lead data solution architecture definition of complete Enterprise Service solutions covering the lifecycle from early CONOPS, to requirements, development, deployment and sustainment. Key activities for this role will include requirement definition, architecture development, analysis of alternatives / trade-off studies, technical planning, and design.
- Produce technical roadmaps that advance the technical baseline and address both the technical and the business factors.
- Lead engineering assessments and recommendations for selection of investments for a range of large scale COTS solutions across various vendor offerings.
- Provide options with recommendations for integrating vendor solutions for large scale enterprises and strategies for technical refresh and deployment into the enterprise. All phases of the lifecycle are possible from new start to sustainment.
- Masters or equivalent experience and 15+ years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13+ years or prior relevant experience to include 10 years of data solutions experience
- 7+ years of experience supervising or leading technical projects and teams
- Previous experience as a Chief Engineer or equivalent for COTS and open source solutions with broad expertise guiding project and operations across multiple related IT disciplines throughout the project lifecycle
- Experience in software engineering and design, including working cooperatively with Data Scientists
- Possess broad IT knowledge of contemporary IT technologies to include but not limited to: end user computing, n-tier architectures, database and data warehouse technologies, network, cybersecurity architecture components and controls, virtualization technologies, DevOps, and web services
- Understanding of data cataloging / data quality / data security
- Prior hands on experience with relational data / SQL / data modelling and scripting tools
- Ability to communicate with executive leadership regarding matters of significant importance to the organization.
- Experience and ability to successfully negotiate and influence others to understand and accept new concepts, practices and approaches.
- Experience estimating all technical and operations labor and material costs
- Experience identifying and assessing business impacts to proposed changes to a largely technical solution or enterprise operations
- Excellent written and oral communication capability
- Architecture Framework knowledge and certification
- ITIL foundations certification with Enterprise IT experience using ITIL 4
- Familiarity with the processes, tools and techniques to develop AI/ML solutions
- Technical Certifications such as AWS/MS or Security Certifications such as CISSP
- Experience developing strategic roadmaps for IT services and providing technical oversight to ensure developed solutions, satisfy customer and business requirements
- Recent experience migrating and sustaining applications from on-premise solutions to CSPs
Pay Range:Pay Range $139,750.00 - $215,000.00 - $290,250.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.