Leidos has an immediate need for a motivated and adaptable individual to support the Department of Defense Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM) Program. The DHMSM program is the DoD’s leading program designed to deploy a modern electronic health record (EHR) system across the United States and around the globe. Leidos, with core partners Cerner, Accenture, and Henry Schein, will support the DHMS Program Executive Office (PEO) and the Defense Health Agency in the global deployment of a modernized EHR that will deliver improved system capability to the DoD whenever and wherever healthcare is required. The DHMSM system will provide important health IT capabilities to nearly 10 million active military, their families, and their beneficiaries.
This position can be 100% remote.
The Technical Architect/Solutions Engineer will lead and support development of a technical roadmap outlining strategic directions within multiple Enabling Technology Tenets (ETTs) that will impact DHMSM system functionalities and service delivery capabilities. Main goals for this roadmap are to establish and document a common computing environment that support innovation; and align capability milestones for program leadership to quickly identify, evaluate, test, and select proven technologies to strengthen DHMSM’s operational effectiveness and speed to service delivery. This roadmap will continuously articulate technology directions for establishing the envisioned IT infrastructure, EHR environments, and healthcare services reflecting DHMSM’s functional priorities.
The Technical Architect/Solutions Engineer will work closely with LPDH technical teams and DoD clients to create and/or document strategies, plans, activities, and milestones surrounding the optimization of existing EHR capabilities and creation of new capabilities. In addition, s/he will work closely with DHMSM’s engineering SMEs and Chief Innovation Engineer to create strategies, plans, and processes for the rollout and sustainment of identified and approved technology topics. S/he will serve as main technical liaison to the LPDH partner vendors, DHA communities, and DHMSM Program Management Office (PMO) to collect requirements and communicate roadmap milestones and impacts on an ongoing basis.
The successful candidate will utilize experience with EHR system interface configuration, implementation, and operation as well as knowledge of DoD Cybersecurity implementations, configuration management and system engineering methodologies to be a thought leader in the military health space.
- Provide architecture and engineering analysis of a highly complex system of systems to identify potential technology injections or opportunities of improvements
- Provide leadership of technical activities to stabilize and improve system operation and performance
- Lead and develop innovative solutions in one or more enabling technology tenets supporting development of a 3-year technical roadmap; balance solutions against cost, DHMSM deployment schedule, function, quality, system performance, and other business considerations
- Lead or support system integration efforts using engineering analysis, formal specifications, data flow diagrams, and other accepted design techniques
- Lead or support estimating system capability improvement or enhancement costs and schedule from creating or reviewing technical solutions; provide recommendations for systems improvements to increase operational efficiency or reduce cost
- Develop plans and requirements for complex systems related to information systems architecture, networking, telecommunications, automation, communications protocols, risk management/electronic analysis, software, lifecycle management, software development methodologies, and modeling and simulation
- Perform functional allocation to identify required tasks and interdependencies/interrelationships; identify task resources, and review process and procedures to compile recommendations to LPDH and DHMSM leadership for execution
- Support the implementation of solutions or process/procedure enhancements
- Engage and communicate with Government clients on a regular basis; provide briefings to GS- or SES-level customers
- Mentor and coach technical staff; support LPDH leadership in staffing, troubleshooting issues, and initiating / managing technical delivery
- BS degree and 15 years of prior relevant experience
- US Citizenship required – must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust government security clearance, per contract requirements.
- Demonstrated expertise in systems engineering, including requirements analysis and system architecture design
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing complex IT solutions in a large scale enterprise
- Demonstrated experience in practical application of lifecycle engineering for IT infrastructure
- Demonstrated experience designing and modernizing complex enterprise networks and legacy IT systems
- Demonstrated experience applying System Engineering Lifecycle (SELC) processes and best practices
- Project management experience working with Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), IMS, and work authorizations
- Understanding of cost and schedule development as well as controls to conduct root cause analysis and identify corrective actions
- Experience with baseline change control processes
- Experience with resource/staffing needs assessment, hiring, and team management
- Experience setting leadership team expectations and delegating duties appropriately
- Demonstrated exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with Cerner solutions, Dentrix Enterprise, and Rhapsody
- Experience with medical and/or dental record integration or transition
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.