Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT), Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), or Licensed Psychologist.
Be a part of the force of counseling excellence that makes a meaningful difference for our Service Members and their families!
Leidos is partnering with the Department of Defense’s (DoD’s) Military and Family Life Counseling Program to provide individual and highly confidential counseling services and support to military service members and their families across the country and around the world. In support of this important mission, Leidos is hiring licensed professionals to provide:
- Non-medical counseling services that develop service member’s well-being and mission-readiness.
- Transformative support for the complex and unique matters of military family life such as hazard duty, life on base, life overseas and being away from home on deployment.
Have You Heard About Non-Medical Counseling for the Military?
Non-medical counseling is preventive in nature and addresses things such as living conditions, life skills, relationships at home and at work, stress management, adjustment issues, marital problems, parenting, fear, grief and loss.
These counseling opportunities are provided for individuals, families, couples and groups. MFLC counselors may be based out of an installation’s Family Center, a National Guard and Reserve Joint Force HQ or other facilities. They also have opportunities to proactively outreach to service members and their families through walk-around counseling.
A recent RAND study on U.S. Military Non-Medical Counseling Programs found that over 90 percent of military participants reported positive experiences with services provided through the MFLC Program, and expressed favorable perceptions of professionalism, thought that their counselor listened to them and spent enough time with them, and agreed that their counselor provided the services they needed to address their problem.
- Face-to-face non-medical counseling to military service members and their families (Individual, Couples, Family, Children).
- Recommending appropriate referrals and handoffs to military and community resources according to the needs of military service members and their families.
- Develops and/or uses approved training and education programs and materials.
- Communicates information regarding trends and issues at assigned installation to supervisors.
- Participates in regular in-service training, quality improvement committees, or other contract activities as assigned.
- Opportunity to participate in surge and on demand events at the military installations.
- A Master’s degree in the Behavioral Health Professions (MS/MSW/MA)
- Licensure to practice at the independent practice level (LCSW, MFT, LPCC, Psychologist)
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be able to obtain NACI/CNACI clearance
While helping America's finest and their families, MFLC counselors also benefit from:
- IPad provided for easy digital reporting, with no PII or PHI
- No insurance to file
- No progress notes
- No treatment plans
- No office to maintain
- Free work related professional development courses
- Reimbursement for job related license renewal fees
- Flexible 40-hour work weeks
- Paid federal holidays
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.