Are you working from home or want to work from home! Leidos's Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group has an opportunity for a Deployment Engineer.
THIS POSITION IS 100% REMOTE.
You will have the responsibility of providing system administration support for production environments that includes effectively and collaboratively working in a team environment. At customer locations, providing engineering support with the overarching responsibility for implementation and optimization of hardware, software products and multi-vendor systems. Includes oversight of the installation process and test procedures to diagnose and resolve product performance problems at installation, limiting critical system downtime. The Deployment Engineer shall support managing teams in project planning, coordination and technical advisement to team members and site customers to facilitate system hardware and software installations, networking, relocation, and storage upgrades, at Medical Treatment Facilities (MTF) locations.
- Lead System Engineer for DII lab interfaces at all DoD sites. Oversees 3 engineers to troubleshoot interface issues and to install and interface new lab instruments to CHCS. Responsible for on-going support of the DII LIM Windows platforms ensuring all appropriate patches and critical updates are tested and installed. Assists with management of ServiceNow/DHA DII calls. Ensures handling of tickets in a timely manner and appropriate corrective action is taken to rectify the problem.
- Works DII support calls as needed, typically taking more complicated or difficult calls. Provides guidance to other DII Support engineers. Analyzes and develops interface strategy for all instrument interfaces, to include obtaining the interface specifications, review and understand the instrument-specific interface details, and devise and document a common approach for each type of instrument.
- Work with the DHA GSC management and Leidos management on our processes related to using the DHA GSC ServiceNow system for ticket tracking and management. Maintains a ticket tracking spreadsheet in order to provide the DII Tier 3 ticket statistics for the Monthly Progress report to the customer.
- Provides monthly reports on DII Support calls opened, completed, in progress, etc
- MHS Genesis site transitions, including collection of the Instrument Name, Manufacturer, IP, and Port information to provide to the MHS Genesis implementation team in advance of a site's transition.
- MHS Genesis Go-Live activities to include shutting down instrument interface connections, and potentially decommissioning DII Servers upon completion of the migration to MHS Genesis. This includes notifying all responsible parties and reporting channels of the server shutdown.
- Maintains the OES DII and CHCS testing environments.
- Maintain and support the OES SharePoint site. Creating or archiving project sub-sites, managing users and groups, and overall SharePoint site management and resources.
- Development and refinement of various standard practices and one-off projects as required.
- Maintains the in-house hardware inventory system to ensure it provides the correct information and tracks equipment appropriately.
- Candidates MUST have or be eligible to obtain an ADPII clearance for consideration
- Strong prior experience supporting DHA CHCS and AHLTA.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience with software engineering, integration, and server configuration and maintenance.
- Experience with various operating systems to include MS Windows Server, Linux/Red Hat, and OpenVMS.
- Experience working with VMWare vCenter 5.0 and higher. Understanding of VMware networking configuration.
- Must meet the DoD 8570 certification (Security+ and Operating System certification) within 6 months of start date.
- Familiarity with HP C7000 enclosures and blade servers including firmware updates.
- Acquainted with HP storage configuration EVA4400 / P6350 or 3PAR StoreServ.
- A strong aptitude in the resolution of issues relating to hardware, software, and networking is required.
- Knowledge of IT security concepts and practices.
- Networking understanding including DHCP, Static addressing, Ports and Protocols.
- Familiarity with DoD deployment environments.
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline or equivalent systems and work experience. Additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Pay Range:Pay Range $72,150.00 - $111,000.00 - $149,850.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.