Leidos is currently seeking a Test Automation Software Engineer to join our team for a position in San Diego, CA. This is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to telework/work remote 90% of the time, and be onsite at our customer facility in San Diego, CA the other 10% of the time. This position is responsible for utilizing software development skills, rules, and corresponding tools applied towards building automated test cases. The software test automation will support software integration, test automation, and information assurance teams with automated build solutions. The position supports design of code test automation framework for the program, document automation requirements and maintain automation developer's guidance.
Some of your daily tasks will be:
- Design and develop test automation use cases within the Test Automation Framework (TAF) tool.
- Document the installation and configuration of various software components and support the baseline automation framework by submitting automation code updates and respective test automation test cases.
- Support all required environments by ensuring patch compliance, baseline software updates and system health/status checks.
- Follow existing and document new procedures and guidance to ensure corrective actions are taken to restore environment functionality.
- Create scripts to set polices and standards within the Operating Systems. Scripts will be needed for quicker patching and debugging.
- Automate, develop, and perform software deployments for both internally and externally developed software test environments.
- Perform deployment installation audits and baseline identification for test environments.
- Support development change management processes such as the Engineering Review Board (ERB) and Change Control Board (CCB).
- This position requires an active DoD Secret security clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 8+ years of related experience including automated software test development.
- Must possess or have the ability to possess an IAT II certification level, i.e., Cybersecurity Workforce Credentials IAT 2 (Linux and or Windows OS and Security+ or equivalent).
- Knowledge, experience of automation tools and software such as Ansible, Robot Framework, Python, Selenium, Powershell.
- Experience with build automation support tools such as Jenkins or Nexus.
- Experience in writing detailed installation, configuration and system administration guides.
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git).
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira).
- Experience working in government/defense labs and their computing restrictions.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required as you will have contact with both a project technical lead and interaction with our Navy government lead.
- Experience writing scripts for at least one operating system (Linux, Windows).
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Working knowledge of Information Assurance and Certification & Accreditation requirements as well as facility security requirements provided by NIWC-PAC.
- Experience using or providing support for the Navy’s Agile Core Services (ACS) framework.
- Prior work as a software engineer is a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (i.e., Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.