Leidos is seeking a talented Software Engineer to support the Leidos Airborne Solutions Operation in building a solution to define, test and deliver a hardware/software platform in support of our Leidos Special Mission Aircraft and future aircraft development. The type of work to be performed includes software development, integration with legacy C2 applications, development of tools and methodologies position Leidos as a product supplier, utilization of cloud based services and implementations. This work can be done in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD or by telecommuting / remote work (with some travel).
- Software systems development, including the design, development, troubleshooting, and debugging of software programs for software enhancements and new software-intensive systems and products.
- Software requirements analysis, development of software products and software tools used for design, development and maintenance of infrastructure, and platforms.
- Determine hardware compatibility.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Works to achieve key project/program objectives and deliverables.
- Responsible for entire projects or processes spanning multiple technical areas.
- Manages large projects or processes with moderate impact on the achievement of sub-family results.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of four (4) years of experience; additional experience may be consider in lieu of degree (Will vary depending on Level)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance
- Knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Familiarity with Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) and Electronic Warfare (EW) capabilities.
- Embedded system design and development
- Army and Air Force DoD familiarity
- Experience with SOAP and REST based interfaces
- Evaluation of hardware and software standards and implementations to determine limitations that could impact HW/SW convergence, and proposals to reduce those limitations.
- Integration of GOTS SW into multi-functional RF systems.
- Ability to travel 25%
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Open Architecture, open system design, C, C++, Python, Java, etc.
- Knowledge of MORA, MOSA, Victory, SOSA, FACE, OMS, CMOSS and Military communications (Link 16, VMF, USMTF, ASCA, Stanag standards, JCIDS 4.2)
- Design and development of software in a microservice architecture
- Experience with container implementation and virtualization
- Understanding of Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes, ELK stack, Cloud and automation
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.