Leidos is seeking Environmental Specialists to support environmental investigation and remediation projects at federal and private section client locations.
A valid driver’s license is required. Must be able to travel domestically up to 50% of the time; trips may last up to 4 weeks in duration. Must be able to obtain access to, and conduct work on, U.S. Government installations. U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident Status is required.
When not traveling, work may be performed at one of the following Leidos office locations: Oak Ridge, Tennessee; Reston, Virginia; Twinsburg, Ohio. Remote work will also be considered.
The Environmental Specialists will work independently with Leidos Project Manager and Senior Staff, supervise more junior staff, and interface with multiple Leidos offices and subcontractors. Applicants should demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable working in a team environment with internal and external stakeholders. Strong organizational skills are essential.
- Oversight and coordination of environmental remedial actions; and field records and report preparation.
- Scheduling and implementation of field project plans to include coordinating field operations with client facility staff
- Field mobilization logistics and materials purchases
- Directing sampling teams, and participating in field data collection and collecting environmental samples
- Conducting site inspections, and implementing of project health and safety plans (e.g., safety tailgates, site-specific training)
- Managing investigation and remediation-derived wastes in accordance with project waste management plans
- Coordinating and directing field support subcontractors (drilling, surveying, waste management disposal)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant sciences or technical specialty and minimum of 2 years' experience; an Associate's degree in a relevant sciences or technical specialty and minimum of 4 years' experience, or high school diploma with applicable job-related training or certifications and 6 years' relevant experience will be considered.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Attention to detail and ability to conduct work in accordance with written plans and procedures.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Proficiency in MS Office tools (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Prior completion of OSHA 1910.120 40-hour hazardous waste site operations (HAZWOPER) training and OSHA occupational physical exam and medical clearance allowing performance of field work at hazardous waste sites).
- Completion of OSHA 8-hour HAZWOPER Supervisor Training
- Completion of OSHA 30-hour Construction Safety Training
- Specialized skills/experience in a field laboratory setting; drilling, coring, and well installation methods; industry safety requirements; investigation and remediation waste disposal methods.
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.