Do you want to join a high-performing team that values integrity, innovation, and collaboration with a company whose mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science? Are you interested making a difference by applying your electromagnetic skills toward state-of-the-art research and development problems? Leidos currently has an exciting opening for an electromagnetics expert to work in our Beavercreek, Ohio office.
- Model and characterize electromagnetic (EM) phenomenology’s (scattering, absorption, polarization, refraction, diffraction, etc.) primarily in radio frequency (RF) bands
- Characterize and evaluate radar cross sections (RCS)
- Verify and validate measured data and computational electromagnetic (CEM) predictions
- Create predictions using CEM prediction software (SENTRi, Xpatch, COMSOL, CST, HFSS, Feko, etc.)
- Write and present technical information related to development activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Science (Physics, etc.) or a Science related field (Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, etc.) with 4+ years of experience or a Master’s Degree and 2+ years of experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance
- US Citizen
- Strong understanding of applied electromagnetics with skills in EM modeling and experimentation
- Adept in CEM prediction software and proven history of applying simulation tools to characterize EM phenomenology
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness and interest to collaborate in an interdisciplinary team environment to drive towards overall project and team objectives
- Proficient with technical writing, documentation, and organization
- Ability to both lead and work as a team member
- Strong attention to detail and deadlines
- Master’s / PhD
- Active SECRET or higher clearance is desired, but not required
- Radar Cross Section (RCS) design familiarity
- Knowledge of antenna and radome design principles
- CAD and meshing familiarity
A basic understanding of, or exposure to the remaining bullets is a plus, but not required:
- Automatic Target Recognition
- Radar signal processing fundamentals
- MATLAB, Python, and C++
- Experience with running simulations on high-performance computing (HPC), graphics processor units (GPU), and other advanced processing platforms
- Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.