The Defense Group at Leidos as an exciting opportunity as an Emerging Technologies Engineer on our GSM-O II IDIQ contract’s Joint Service Provider (JSP) Cyber Security Task Order in Alexandria, VA. JSP provides a full range of IT products, services, and solutions and customer services to the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (CJCS) and the Joint Staff (JS), Director of Administration (DA), Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA), Washington Headquarters Services (WHS), and other OSD offices for them to meet mission and business requirements. Through the JSP Cyber Security program, JSP performs a wide variety of services and functions required to secure the information security posture for DoD services.
- Lead initiatives that span strategy, architecture definition, product selection, application and integration design and implementation
- Lead working groups and follow project developments
- Develop cyber strategy and associated documentation.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise for customer inquiries.
- Establish and maintain internal and external organizational relationships for cyber related collaboration.
- Research approved transformational and innovative solutions and recommend improvements to Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO)capabilities.
- Make recommendations to Government personnel for implementing new or emerging technologies to enhance capabilities.
- Coordinate and collaborate with government stakeholders to help integrate new capabilities into operations.
- Actively participant in meetings with stakeholders and working groups.
- Train and mentor other team members.
- QA/QC products before they are sent to the customer.
- Develop whitepapers, briefs, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTP), and Quick Reference Guide (QRG) to allow for a better, more reliable DCO process.
- Follow up on all taskers and due outs.
- Bachelor's degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience. 4 years of relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- DoD 8570 Certification IAT II
- Active Secret clearance required plus ability to obtain and maintain TS/SCI
- Experience as a cybersecurity analyst or engineer.
- Significant knowledge of networks, network and endpoint monitoring, and cyber defense toolsets and processes.
- Proficient understanding of the Cybersecurity Framework in regards to identify, protect, detect, respond and recover within the Cyber Security Service Provider construct.
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience in leadership positions or working with senior leaders.
- Familiarity with Risk Management Framework (RMF) tools
- Familiarity with National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) publications.
- Experience supporting Transformational Activities in cybersecurity organizations.
- Top Secret\SCI
- Experience in intelligence driven defense and/or Cyber Kill Chain, Diamond Model, or MITRE ATT&CK frameworks.
- Experience supporting JSP and/or DISA.
- Demonstrated commitment to training, self-study and maintaining proficiency in the technical cyber security arena.
- Experience briefing Senior Executive Service (SES) and General Officer/Flag Officer (GO/FO) leadership.
- Advanced Certifications such as SANS GIAC/GCIA/GCIH, CISSP or CASP.
- Subject matter expertise in Splunk
- Experience with JSP, DISA, or DoD Networks.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.