Head of Security
Are you a leader looking to launch your career to the next level?..
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join us for 12 months and lead our protective security team as a Head of Security. This role is instrumental in delivering the critically important security capability within Leidos UK and will assume management responsibility for delivering a best in class security function. This is a dynamic and hands on role that will allow the incumbent access to the core of our business and influence how it operates both strategically and operationally.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
What You’ll Be Doing:
The day to day role is varied with no two days ever the same meaning you will quickly become familiar with our policies, processes and key stakeholders. With collaboration being one of Leidos’ core values you will be well supported by an established security team, functional peers and business leadership all committed to the security of our organisation and our customers. If you are agile, inquisitive, keen to lead your own team and have demonstrable experience in a similar role we would love to hear from you!
Key requirements of the incumbent are to:
- Ensure the day to day secure operations of all business activities within the Leidos UK Defence Group providing assurance to the Board of security compliance across our portfolio of programmes and functions, escalating any matters of concern at the earliest opportunity
- Maintain the ISO 27001 certified information security management system for UK Defence Group such that it continues to address Corporate, UK Government and UK Customer requirements
- Establish and maintain a comprehensive understanding of security risks across our portfolio of programmes and functions, ensuring awareness and on-going management of extant and emerging risks and threats
- Oversee and supporting escalations from the through-life personnel security management programme from pre-employment screening and national security vetting to vetting aftercare
- Lead the UK Insider Risk Programme ensuring collaboration with key stakeholders
- Provide a physically secure estate with secure information and asset access and handling procedures that extend beyond the traditional boundaries of on-site working and identify and address perceived and known risks associated with dynamic working whilst maintaining all required accreditations and certifications and remaining contractually compliant
- Oversee UK Government system accreditations and conduct assurance checks to ensure systems are operating in accordance with in-date accreditations and authorities to operate
- Champion and support the development and maturing of supply chain security processes both prior to supplier on-boarding and throughout contract life-cycle, directly supporting the secure and compliant on-boarding of suppliers where required
- Ensure that Leidos is prepared to respond to crisis scenarios should they arise and that the business is supported by appropriate and proven continuity and recovery plans
- Foster a culture of positive security behaviours through delivery of innovative security awareness initiatives that extend beyond traditional staff security education and training
- Respond to security events in a proportionate manner ensuring incidents are managed through to closure, lessons are learned and trends are analysed and mitigated
- Support capture activities including pre-qualification questionnaire and bid responses, basis of estimate and colour reviews
- Support Security working groups for all key UK contracts
- Conduct ad-hoc and pre-planned compliance checks and audits to determine effectiveness of the security management programme
- Deliver reporting and metrics that demonstrate the performance status of the Security Team
- Represent Leidos as Head of Security to external audiences, maintaining the appropriate professional network in support of the Leidos UK Strategy
- Line manage and develop UK Security staff and ensure the Security team is staffed, positioned and skilled to support business growth
- Clearance to Start SC
- Clearance for Role DV
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.