Where in the world is there a lake that is so salty that it cannot freeze? Where in the world does the sun not set for months? Where in the world does the coolest (literally) scientific research take place? Antarctica, of course! Based full-time in Centennial (Denver), CO, but with opportunity to deploy to Antarctica for up to 4 - 6 weeks each year, the Antarctic Support Contract (ASC) HR Business Partner will work with a team who support a virtual workforce across multiple locations in the United States and Antarctica. Key responsibilities include working with leadership to develop programs by identifying HR strategies that support near and long-term business objectives.
- The successful candidate will identify opportunities for HR to engage effectively with management, demonstrate HR value by aligning to business objectives, and support change management activities.
- Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, coaching and consulting; developing selection and retention strategies; and delivering on HR programs (e.g. Performance Management, Talent Management, Compensation, Rewards and Recognition, Compliance, etc).
- The successful candidate must be proactive in identifying resources/strategies and formulating actionable recommendations/options for leadership.
- Must be able to effectively influence and communicate.
- This position will work with Corporate Centers of Expertise (COEs) and other functions needed to support the assigned client base.
- The successful candidate must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, work in a fast-paced dynamic environment, perform in-depth analysis of programs and policies, and possess the interpersonal skills necessary to interact with employees, and all levels of leadership.
- They must be highly ethical, responsive to client needs, demonstrate strong business acumen, and maintain customer satisfaction levels regarding HR support.
- Prior HRBP or Center of Expertise (COE) experience
- Demonstrated experience in coaching, partnering, and influencing
- Ability to build and leverage enduring relationships
- Demonstrated experience in conducting investigations to include information and data gathering, analyzing information, and validating conclusions
- Experience leading a workforce through a changing environment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills using HR applications (Workday and Deltek), HR reporting and Microsoft office Training background preferred
- Highly effective communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to work independently and in a remote/virtual environment
- Prior experience supporting a Service Contract Act (SCA) Wage Determined (WD) workforce preferred
- Prior experience providing HR support to an expatriate population preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 4 - 8 years of experience.
Pay Range:Pay Range $57,850.00 - $89,000.00 - $120,150.00
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.