Leidos is pleased to announce that it has been awarded the Next Generation Enterprise Network - Recompete Contract. This is an eight-year, $7.7 billion contract that is responsible for maintaining and modernizing the main global network of the Navy and Marine Corps. The Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under SMIT the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI) and Marine Corps Enterprise Network (MCEN), including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. In order to continually modernize these networks, the Navy and Marine Corps will award project Task Orders onto the SMIT contract.
Leidos is looking to hire a Networks Operations Lead in MCAS Yuma, AZ. The Networks Operations Lead would oversee operation of network systems, architecture, and topology through deployment and oversight of network operations specialists.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure that all operating systems are adequate, functional, and conform to operation security policies and procedures.
- Assist with the development and application of business processes to ensure appropriate service levels.
- Develop and implement standards, procedures, and processes for the NOC.
- Participate in strategic network planning, steady state operations planning, and development of contingency operation plans.
- Plan and support injection of new technologies and implementation of technology refresh.
- Confer with and advise administrators, user representatives, and technical personnel regarding development and design of integrated network solutions.
- Prepare recommendations based on monitoring results, tools analyses, and forensics.
- Participate in the development and implementation of policies and procedures regarding network equipment, maintenance, and monitoring.
- Prepare status reports.
- Schedule routine system maintenance, oversee application of proactive cyber security measures, and manage reaction to network defense requirements.
- Develop and maintain system architecture and operational documentation.
High School Diploma and a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience
US Citizen with an active DoD Secret Clearance
Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II
Must possess an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) network support certification such as Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Routing and Switching
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.