Leidos is seeking a Program Manager who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration’s En Route Automation Modernization (ERAM) technology, which is at the heart of the Next Generation Air Transportation System (NextGen) and the National Airspace System (NAS). The program is vital to the future of air navigation, providing the foundational platform required for the FAA to enable NextGen solutions such as System Wide Information Management, Data Communications, and Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast providing benefits for users and the flying public by increasing air traffic flow and improving automated navigation and conflict detection.
• Lead on-going proposal efforts and strategy on behalf of the ERAM program office, closely collaborating with all key stakeholders for Basis-of-Estimate inputs and ensuring appropriate bids within program schedule, cost, quality, and profit objectives.
• Lead on-going customer negotiations on behalf of the ERAM program office ensuring negotiated positions are executable and within cost and profit objectives.
• Support Program Managers, including performing program-wide horizontal integration planning, identification, and management of internal and external dependencies.
• Ensure the program implementation of the ERAM Program Management Plan, including leading the program team in internal and external audits.
• Review and approve final documents and deliverables for completeness and conformity to requirements.
• Prepare materials/briefings for and participate in customer monthly program reviews, cost reviews, risk review, and other customer meetings and briefings.
• Oversee cost, schedule, quality, and customer interface for assigned ERAM task orders and key strategic program initiatives.
• Support and/or develop cost proposal to the FAA, as required.
• Requires BA/BS degree in relevant field and 8+ years of prior relevant experience, with at least 4+ years of management/project experience, or MA/MS in relevant field with 6+ years of prior relevant experience
• Strong cost foundations particularly with large scale EVM programs.
• Demonstrated program management and contract negotiation skills.
• Ability to operate and manage effectively with minimal guidance. The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills in the effective management and oversight of team members in various locations.
• Possess a high degree of ethics, strong core values and an optimistic outlook, strong leadership, teamwork, and customer relations skills, exceptional oral and written communication and formal presentation skills, the ability to work independently with initiative, creativity and innovation, and demonstrated program management skills.
• Experience related to project/program management with strong business acumen
• Strong understanding of program and business operations with the FAA and will be responsible for achievement of mission critical milestones and contract performance on an ongoing basis. The successful candidate must be able to anticipate customer needs and formulate and propose solutions.
• Represent the program in customer and internal reviews and meetings. Other duties and responsibilities will be assigned as required by the program. Travel may be required to/from Washington, DC and Atlantic City, NJ.
• Prefer 3+ years experience leading Systems Engineering, Software, and/or Test teams.
• Prefer 3+ years experience leading or supporting proposals for Government contracts
• Prefer 3+ years of experience related to the management or supervision of the design, development, test, or acquisition of Air Traffic Control/Management systems with an average value of $100M or greater.
• Prefer previous Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) program experience.
• Preferred location is Gaithersburg/DC area, although Atlantic City, NJ or Eagan, MN will be considered.
• Some teleworking may be possible, however, in-person presence will be required for key customer and team meetings.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.